PDA

View Full Version : Alpine Lake/Bon Tempe 8.10.13

crazyfisher
08-10-2013, 09:52 PM
Hey guys. Haven't been fishing lately so we thought we head out to Alpine Lake and Bon Tempe to enjoy in on this great weather!! We arrived at Alpine Lake near the dam around 1 pm. Threw out the bait and toss lure for nothing. Around 3:30 we decided to give Bon Tempe a try. The parking lot at the back was full of cars. It didn't look good but got to our spot and no one was on Bon Tempe. Maybe a few fishing so I guess they were over at Laginitas.

We threw out the bait and within 10 mins, we got fish on. A fiesty 17 inch. Action was pretty consistent. We left at 7 pm with 8 fish landed and at least 4-5 missed bite.

Bait was orange nymph with pink power egg. Pink pb and green pb got bitten as well. I tried lure out without any luck.

It was a great day out with a little breeze. Sorry no pictures :( Was a bit lazy. We kept 2 and released the rest.

Anyways, good luck out there and until next time.

RideNfish
08-11-2013, 06:02 AM
Excellent! But no pics? Words don't prove crud. LOL

Good job,

GNappers
08-11-2013, 06:08 AM
I guess you have to go there and take your own dam picks. Lol. It's a beautiful place you would swear your were far away from civilization. I was thinking the same thing about the pictures Sounds like a good trip probably tuff catching trout since I don't think they have planted it in months. I used to buy a season pass and fish there several times a year, but I haven't done that in a few years or even been up there.

crazyfisher
08-11-2013, 08:51 PM
yes yes I know. I take the same picture each time when I go to Bon Tempe it seem like. If you want pictures of it, I could post some up :)

Alpine Lake is a nice lake but required some hiking and since we got a late start, we decided just go to the Dam since its a easy hike down. Usually I could buy a few bite with the bass but no luck.

I was listening to the giants game and was watching golf while fishing. It drain the battery on the phone.

Could take a picture of the fillet :) it was pink and red meat. The last time Bon Tempe was planted was on May 20th.

Deciding where to go tomorrow!! and will definitely take pictures.

alexdesignz
08-14-2013, 08:46 PM
This year I havent fished much. Need to try Bon Tempe again. I need to try the baits your using as I got skunked on Green and orange PB earlier this year.

Marv
08-15-2013, 08:17 AM
Nice job..... Way to get some summer trout close to home :)

crazyfisher
08-15-2013, 09:29 AM
Didn't end up fishing the next day :(

Heading up to Courtright/Wishon Lake to do some camping so I'll definitely be reporting back on Sunday :)