PDA

View Full Version : Lake Sonoma Labor Day

JPFX
08-12-2013, 08:11 AM
Extended family has arrainged a huge get together/group campsite trip for the Labor Day Weekend. I have never fished Lake Sonoma, but from what I read on the boards, fishing can be decent. Assuming the temps for that weekend are in the norm. what would be the preferred method for cathing trout/steelhead? I will have my boat with DR. I also have read panfish are plentifull up there. Should they be biting that time of year as well?
We are expecting around 50 people at our campsite, so I will be taking people out fishing the entire weekend. I would really like to show some of the family a good time by catching some fish so any advice would be great. Thanks!

CRABBY
08-12-2013, 11:54 AM
Extended family has arrainged a huge get together/group campsite trip for the Labor Day Weekend. I have never fished Lake Sonoma, but from what I read on the boards, fishing can be decent. Assuming the temps for that weekend are in the norm. what would be the preferred method for cathing trout/steelhead? I will have my boat with DR. I also have read panfish are plentifull up there. Should they be biting that time of year as well?
We are expecting around 50 people at our campsite, so I will be taking people out fishing the entire weekend. I would really like to show some of the family a good time by catching some fish so any advice would be great. Thanks!John,Give Steve(PDGS) a PM,he is an expert there an also a guide,also you can look up his past posts an see what he has had to say...Don

Line Stretcher
08-12-2013, 01:59 PM
John, the Steelhead fishing on a short early morning bite and mostly top water. They're on the dry creek side. I've been running Owner Cultiva Rip n Minows trolled 100' back at varying speeds and directions. The bass bite is good all day but seems better in the afternoon. The Crappie are up in the creeks and small inlets. Jigging is most productive..

The cool nights and and warm water is creating Lake effect fog. If you have a chartplotter lay down some tracks before venturing out in the morning.

JPFX
08-12-2013, 03:17 PM
Thanks PDGS and good to see you again Don