PDA

View Full Version : daiwa dxs bait casting rod ?

Mr. Hotsauce
08-12-2013, 12:21 PM
Can't make up my mind on which POWER I want on this pole. Looking at the 10'6 for salmon and striper fishing and can't decide which would be better the medium heavy or heavy. The MH seems good for salmon which I would prefer because the suggested weight would be 3/8-1 1/2 ounces and would seem good for long days of casting and a good enough tip to feel the weight drifting beads but it would be too light for striper fishing. The heavy suggested weight is 2-8 ounces which would be real good for striper bait fishing but would it be too heavy for salmon? Anyone have or had these poles before? Any suggestions? Just dont want to get a pole and have it sit after salmon season is done. Checked sportsmans warehouse and fishermans warehouse and they dont carry them so I cant get a feel on it to see what I want.

408fisherman
08-12-2013, 04:51 PM
Can't make up my mind on which POWER I want on this pole. Looking at the 10'6 for salmon and striper fishing and can't decide which would be better the medium heavy or heavy. The MH seems good for salmon which I would prefer because the suggested weight would be 3/8-1 1/2 ounces and would seem good for long days of casting and a good enough tip to feel the weight drifting beads but it would be too light for striper fishing. The heavy suggested weight is 2-8 ounces which would be real good for striper bait fishing but would it be too heavy for salmon? Anyone have or had these poles before? Any suggestions? Just dont want to get a pole and have it sit after salmon season is done. Checked sportsmans warehouse and fishermans warehouse and they dont carry them so I cant get a feel on it to see what I want.

I would go with the MH cause I like fishing with light tackle. I fish for sturgeon with a 8' shimano Tescata MH and 15# test line. But that's just me. When in doubt get 1 of each. :) I also use the same rod for stripers and dorados. Works great.