PDA

View Full Version : August Mystery Tackle Box

AnglingWes
08-14-2013, 11:41 AM
This is the least excited I have been about the MTB so far, however there is a hidden gem that I'm stoked about too.

I saw the LunkerHunt rattle traps at Wal Mart earlier this week on the clearance rack, so I was surprised to see them right on top of the box after opening. I'm not a huge Rattle Trap guy and these are pretty light for my taste, but I'll give them to Matt and he'll hook something up on them. Always happy to see river2sea stuff, but these rigged crawdads have super thin hooks and are kind of cheesy, Matt can have those too. Stick worms are great and all, but I have pounds of them, so a pack of Big Bite Baits sticks is not very exciting, and Matt doesn't do soft plastics, so these will be submitted to the vast pile of gear in the garage.

Now for the gem. Last month, I got a pack of V&M Pork fat ringed worms in the MTB. I didn't think much of them at the time, but tried them on a slow day on the pond just for kicks. The bass ate them up. I went thru all the worms they sent in an hour (they are not very strong). This month, MTB upped the ante by including a pack of V&M Pork Fat BRUSH HOGS. Hell yes, I will gladly toss those the next time I'm on the water.

woolybuggin
08-14-2013, 03:53 PM
i thought the boxes were the same but seems as though i got all different stuff. here is what i got. at first i wasnt all that excited about it but the more i look at the stuff the more i think it will work. im thinking that swimbait could be great to troll for striper and the craw pattern crankbait should be killer for the smallies. it has a larger ball inside for a rattle which shifts to the back while casting for further distances. also got some plastics that look like senkos but they have sponges inside part of them and hold scent inside and it comes out tiny little holes in them. when the scent runs out you can just squeeze them and it will suck the scent back in. the last thing it are live action jig heads which are really cool because the heads shake back and forth while you bounce them for more action. also the hooks are interchangeable on them.

IronClad
08-14-2013, 03:55 PM
I got some freedom jigs in my tackle grab box 2 months ago. those things rock ! i caught a ton of fish with them so you will love them :D they make the bait swing around soooo much more

FolsomFishing
08-14-2013, 08:24 PM
I got what wooly got except my crankbait is sexy blue herring colored