PDA

View Full Version : Googans

ReelJerks
08-15-2013, 03:15 PM
I like the name GOOGANS (Wicked Tuna) for the offending weekend fishermen, and now I'm wondering what would be a fair alternate name for jet-skiers and water-skiers.

My first choice is 'Doolally's'
My second choice is Avatrol's

Both have real and appropriate meanings that expose these offending persons.

Edd

drinkinbuddy
08-15-2013, 04:13 PM
I always called the jet ski folks lake lice or flies. The boaters who are rude I call D-bags or weekend warriors.

XPL051v3
08-15-2013, 08:05 PM
It reminds me. I was at almanor lake this past Saturday and Sunday fishing off the bank with my kids. We had are lines out with bobbers and night crawlers for a few hours. These two guys pull up in there boat and threw there anchor out inches from where are bobbers were. I didnt say Anything but just stare at them. I couldn't believe it. Some people just don't give a crap. When I'm fishing in my boat and some one is in a spot I like to fish I stay clear of them and just move on. There is plenty of areas to fish no Need to ruin someone's day especially fishing with your kids or anyone for that matter. There were several names I could call these two but didn't say anything. I will usually call these jet skiers lake lice or wake Board boats ignorant people who can't launch a boat.

-Xzi

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

drinkinbuddy
08-15-2013, 08:14 PM
It reminds me. I was at almanor lake this past Saturday and Sunday fishing off the bank with my kids. We had are lines out with bobbers and night crawlers for a few hours. These two guys pull up in there boat and threw there anchor out inches from where are bobbers were. I didnt say Anything but just stare at them. I couldn't believe it. Some people just don't give a crap. When I'm fishing in my boat and some one is in a spot I like to fish I stay clear of them and just move on. There is plenty of areas to fish no Need to ruin someone's day especially fishing with your kids or anyone for that matter. There were several names I could call these two but didn't say anything. I will usually call these jet skiers lake lice or wake Board boats ignorant people who can't launch a boat.

-Xzi

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It never fails that it happens when you are with family. Makes my blood boil to hear that.

Katfish
08-15-2013, 08:19 PM
Yup we call em lake lice round here lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

XPL051v3
08-15-2013, 08:29 PM
Yeah after that I just had this bad feeling. Everyone had nice limits but us. Had some on the bank and had another pole tangled up and instead of worrying about the fish I tried to untangle the lines and the trout bounced off the rocks and back in the lake. Bad weekend for us and the kids lol. Kids still had a good time though! The fish gods are watching and will be with us next time. Stay far for the lake lice!

-Xzi

drinkinbuddy
08-16-2013, 10:21 AM
You hang in there, a bad day fishing with dad is better than most other memories combined. I still think about childhood fishin trips with my dad and grandpa.

Drinkinbuddy

mastersenko
08-16-2013, 12:10 PM
I believe the term used in my circle is "yahoo's"

Pintail
08-16-2013, 03:20 PM
My friend either coined the verb or heard it some where. But we usually refer to stupid people on the water, as participating in Do-sebagery. Avoiding do-sebagery, either by using time of day or locale as a defense, is one of my fishing priorities. Makes life a lot more stress less. (left the u out, don't want to offend anybody).:smile:

drinkinbuddy
08-16-2013, 04:02 PM
I don't think the D-bags will chime in to object, you are nice for putting it that way though.