PDA

View Full Version : Parking at Miller

saxman1
08-19-2013, 10:20 PM
I keep reading about the problems parking at Garcia Bend. Is Miller Park any better or worse?

BIG_ONE
08-20-2013, 12:44 AM
Miller Park is way better...*knock on wood*

johnyee1
08-20-2013, 04:23 AM
Miller is way better in the aspect that there are way fewer vehicles which get vandalized by low lives who think a public park is their turf. The theft factor is still there though and even though there are tons of people around, break ins still occur but it's pretty safe compared to other river accesses in the area.

I've seen a window get smashed on a SUV just because some chairs and camping stuff were visible but nothing was taken because nothing was of value. This was done during the peak of salmon season too with dozens of fishermen that were only about 100ft away from their vehicles. No one even heard the window get smashed because the people who broke in were blasting their stereos in the parking lot.

saxman1
08-20-2013, 08:58 AM
Thanks sniffers .... Hope to see you there in a couple weeks .. I guess the main thing is to not leave ANYTHING in plain site !!!!!

Fern-dog
08-20-2013, 11:28 AM
Thanks sniffers .... Hope to see you there in a couple weeks .. I guess the main thing is to not leave ANYTHING in plain site !!!!!

Saxman ... I think that's nailing it right on the head! I also think that goes for most areas where and when we leave our vehicles these days. Hope you get some really great fish this year!

Fern Dog