PDA

View Full Version : Pumping water South

striperking13
08-22-2013, 04:16 PM
Went down to San Diego this past weekend and drove past Pyramid Lake. Can't believe that as full as it is, (90-95% capacity)their still wanting more water. We need to save some water for the salmons and fishery up here. They need to get more water from the Colorado river since there's not a shortage there. Seeing how full it was made me mad compare to all the lakes up here in No Cal. How do i know its full, well, it's about to spill over the damn and water is at the water line marker. Something is not right here, our lakes are below 50% capacity, and it's over 90% down south...Just venting... FISH ON

CRABBY
08-22-2013, 04:27 PM
Wellcome to the moonbeam world of politics!!!!All the southern lakes are full with our water!!:cry:

redneckpunk
08-22-2013, 04:37 PM
Went down to San Diego this past weekend and drove past Pyramid Lake. Can't believe that as full as it is, (90-95% capacity)their still wanting more water. We need to save some water for the salmons and fishery up here. They need to get more water from the Colorado river since there's not a shortage there. Seeing how full it was made me mad compare to all the lakes up here in No Cal. How do i know its full, well, it's about to spill over the damn and water is at the water line marker. Something is not right here, our lakes are below 50% capacity, and it's over 90% down south...Just venting... FISH ON

theyve already destroyed the colorado river basin and cant get much more out of there than a trickle. Hence their push for more from up here. And if they get it, we're going to be seeing the same results here. STOP THE CANALS!! STOP THE WATER DEPORTATION!

~RNP

saizo
08-25-2013, 11:00 AM
It's because our governor is from so cal. Why do you think he is proposing his stupid tunnel plan. To pump more water down south.

Bainter1212
08-25-2013, 11:25 AM
It's because our governor is from so cal. Why do you think he is proposing his stupid tunnel plan. To pump more water down south.

This.

The rest of the state is basically indentured to the interests of SF and LA. I saw a map on Yahoo news the other day......the guy redrew all the state lines so that each state had an equal amount of electoral votes. SF and LA were their own states! It was great!! I lived in a fantasy world where Norcal and So Oregon was one state.....without SF of course.

Ah to dream......

salmonid
08-25-2013, 03:16 PM
RIP, the state of Jefferson, buddy...

Jefferson (proposed Pacific state) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jefferson_%28proposed_Pacific_state%29)

http://www.oakhillbb.com/Gallery_Southern-Oregon/Southern_Oregon_Gallery/Southern_Oregon_Gallery/album/slides/State-of-Jefferson-barn.jpg

Not sure Southern Oregon would take us though!

Best,

I lived in a fantasy world where Norcal and So Oregon was one state.....without SF of course.

Ah to dream......

hitide
08-26-2013, 08:14 AM
We were fishing the Aqueduct last week or so and were noticing just how much water was moving south. The Cal Aqueduct was full and moving fast, and the Delta Mendota was doing the same. It really gets your blood boiling when you drive across a bridge on the Stanislaus river, San Joaquin, and the rest of our rivers, look down and see ankle deep water.