PDA

View Full Version : DFW Justice

raratt
08-23-2013, 09:50 AM
Poachers Sentenced to Hard Labor Program in Southern California (http://yubanet.com/california/Poachers-Sentenced-to-Hard-Labor-Program-in-Southern-California.php)

Good to see people getting what they deserve. Penalties still seem a little light to me.
:hitoverhead:

sportygirl
08-23-2013, 01:59 PM
Seems real light! but its a start!

Owlman2
08-26-2013, 12:20 PM
Agree...they should have been pounded hard.

I have seen many small bodies of water completely destroyed by illegal "meat fisherman" who haul away everything they catch without regard to limits.

Wardens are spread so thin, and catching guys like this is so difficult, that an example really needs to be set when they are nailed.

memcop
08-29-2013, 04:18 PM
"The wardens contacted the fishermen as they were leaving the water with the nets and seized one gill net, one throw net and 238 fish, including 29 carp, 126 sunfish and 83 bass, of which 74 were undersized."

Terrible, couldn't punish them enough.

Reel Fun
08-29-2013, 05:11 PM
Wow they pled to one count? WTF? One count!!! Let that be anyone else and its at least 3 counts! I was charged with a couple fish over the limit (later dropped) but they wanted like 3500 from me! For a couple fish! These guys had hundreds over the limit and its 30 days and 400 bones.......not justice IMO. This is why they will do it again,,,,,and again.....RF