PDA

View Full Version : Santa Cruz Labor Day weekend

shotgun1
08-26-2013, 05:36 PM
Headin to Santa Cruz harbor on Saturday and Sunday
Anyone goin ? Anyone wanna buddy boat it's my first time going. Targeting rockcod and halibut and salmon. Any info on where Togo would be awesome and what to use would be great as well. Hope all goes well

LoomisGuy
08-27-2013, 08:53 AM
A great place for information and gear is Bayside Marine ( Bayside Marine, Santa Cruz, California (http://www.baysidemarinesc.com/) ) . Very helpful and up to date on what's working.

Headin to Santa Cruz harbor on Saturday and Sunday
Anyone goin ? Anyone wanna buddy boat it's my first time going. Targeting rockcod and halibut and salmon. Any info on where Togo would be awesome and what to use would be great as well. Hope all goes well

BigUnInDaBoat
08-27-2013, 09:40 AM
Also santacruzboatrentals.net

Halibut and Salmon are are on good inshore bite, and rockfishing is always good from natural bridges south the the mile buoy.

Fisherman Worf
09-01-2013, 09:51 PM
A little late, but I hope you did well. I had good luck this last week on rockfish with a charter boat out of the Harbor (Stagnaros, see my post from this evening).

Fishing was 1/4 to 1 mile south of the coast between Natural Bridges and the Harbor. I noticed that the charter boat made adjustments to keep over the school once it was found. In a kayak or a skiff, I imagine it would make sense to paddle/power west (against the drift) once the bite drops after finding a hot spot to get back over the fish, though I am a bit of a rookie and not sure.

Fish on!

:fishing1:

tjmckenzie
09-03-2013, 11:00 AM
Ahhh man. I would have went. Lol.