PDA

View Full Version : Rim Fire / Tuolumne Question

Big Game
08-28-2013, 10:25 AM
Does anyone know for sure if the Rim fire has destroyed the 3 campgrounds near Lumsden? (Where the Middle Fork and South Fork of the Tuolumne River meet)
One is called Lumsden, another is the South Fork and I can't remember the name of the 3rd -
but it's across the Lumsden Bridge - very close to where the fire started.

Thanks, Big Game

ticket
08-28-2013, 01:07 PM
Does anyone know for sure if the Rim fire has destroyed the 3 campgrounds near Lumsden? (Where the Middle Fork and South Fork of the Tuolumne River meet)
One is called Lumsden, another is the South Fork and I can't remember the name of the 3rd -
but it's across the Lumsden Bridge - very close to where the fire started.

Thanks, Big Game
I think so you can go to MyMotherlode.com for updates on this fire they had a map of the fire this am. smoke has been terrible hear in the morns schools all closed. any way have a good day ticket

Big Game
08-29-2013, 08:49 AM
Ticket,

Thanks. Yeah, doesn't look too good. Where I am talking about is right in the middle of that Big Ole' Red outline. The one thing that might matter is that those campgrounds are real close to the water so maybe the fire was higher in the canyon -

I proposed to my wife there 21 years ago - where the Middle Fork and South Fork of the Tuolumne meet. A beautiful, memorable place. I will hope for the best.

Thanks Again, BG

CRABBY
08-29-2013, 04:31 PM
CK. here an just zoom in an move around to get an idea....Don

http://www.inciweb.org/incident/3660/