PDA

View Full Version : This guy spent WAY Too Much on his boat, trailer and pickup

FresnoJack
08-29-2013, 12:13 PM
Way Too Much (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9TRc3h2Ra0)

Line Stretcher
08-29-2013, 12:26 PM
Oh I don't know that he spent too much. LOL

http://i1288.photobucket.com/albums/b500/pdgs1/IMG_0394.jpg (http://s1288.photobucket.com/user/pdgs1/media/IMG_0394.jpg.html)

Note to self - Install the LED lighting you bought.. Ha.. Seriously I have the lights for the boat but haven't had a chance to install them yet.

hooks
08-29-2013, 03:46 PM
WHAT.....No lighted lures?????:sad:

CRABBY
08-29-2013, 04:05 PM
Oh I don't know that he spent too much. LOL

http://i1288.photobucket.com/albums/b500/pdgs1/IMG_0394.jpg (http://s1288.photobucket.com/user/pdgs1/media/IMG_0394.jpg.html)

Note to self - Install the LED lighting you bought.. Ha.. Seriously I have the lights for the boat but haven't had a chance to install them yet.LOL,waste of money on a go fast carp boat!!Steve,bet he didn't do any of that stuff himself like you do!!Plus the shot of the wiring an batt's was just so so.I'm spoiled guys,I've seen what Steve can do an his work is neater an cleaner than your cloths just out of the washer!!!JMO :129fs238648:

drinkinbuddy
08-29-2013, 04:30 PM
All that and no fish, but he does like his LED lighting though. The lights in the truck wheel wells are over the top for me.

IronClad
08-29-2013, 04:35 PM
prob a cool 15+ grand in lighting alone. rigid's arent cheap at all

49erbassman
08-29-2013, 04:53 PM
He didn't pay a dime with all that sponsor wraps all over both rigs. The boat is cool but I find it funny when people lift trucks add huge tires and never go 4 wheelin and I bet that truck never sees a dirt trail.

Fish on!

Line Stretcher
08-29-2013, 05:03 PM
He didn't pay a dime with all that sponsor wraps all over both rigs. The boat is cool but I find it funny when people lift trucks add huge tires and never go 4 wheelin and I bet that truck never sees a dirt trail.

Fish on!

Funny you should say that about never getting used. When I set my truck up I'm pretty sure the guy's at 4 wheel parts that I was building a show an go truck. After a few months me returning broken parts the guy behind the counter commented, "Wow, you really do use that truck like a truck". I just smiled and said "yep, and I love your warranty policies".

As a side note and plug for 4 Wheel Parts stores, those guy's bend over backwards to make sure I have the best stuff and I've never ever had them refuse to replace the stuff I break.

woolybuggin
08-29-2013, 05:30 PM
Rob is right, this dude probably didn't pay much if anything at all. Sweet setup though. The wheel well lights are pretty much useless, but all the other lights were cool

AnglingWes
08-29-2013, 06:02 PM
Brandon is a BASS Elite Series Angler. One of the top 25 bass guys in the nation. That truck is his home, office, and mobile billboard for 8 months of the year. I doubt it ever goes off road, but it is one hell of a promotional piece for his sponsors, which is what is all about at that level.

FresnoJack
08-29-2013, 10:44 PM
The wheel well lights as well as many of the other extra lights on the truck would be illegal in California.

I could see someone calling in a UFO report on this whole rig.

All that and no fish, but he does like his LED lighting though. The lights in the truck wheel wells are over the top for me.

Marv
08-30-2013, 08:20 AM
You mean we payed too much :huh: We all payed something, some more some less. Not like it's wrong or anything, I willingly bought all my fishing stuff, as you did too. depending on the sponsors and which brands you use, you can honestly tell people you put some of your money in that rig :)

The last couple of days i've seen a few lifted trucks that have a double stacked led light bars mounted above the wind shield??? They look very expensive, but not very useful. The trucks they were on have never seen mud or a trail, but had $15,000 lift kits.

Line Stretcher
08-30-2013, 11:37 AM
Ha, yes, you can definitely tell the "shine and shows" from "get r done's". I like my rig to be somewhere in the middle of that. If all you do is tow your boat then there's really no need for ground clearance that is any greater than the max ground clearance of the boat trailer.

What I get a kick out of is the guy's that lift their trucks to put 35's on it. They don't even stop to measure the tire because if they did, they'd find they had 33.5" tires and you could get those under it with the stock 2" lift. Why do they call a 33.5 a 35? I'm not sure but I know that it's the max that can be programmed for speedometer calibration.

They put 20" rims on it to make it look cool and loose 1/2 the height of the sidewall and the truck rides like carp. Oh yeah, that was me... LOL.. I now run 37" Toyo's and my lift is the minimum that I can get away with (with a little cutting) at 6" for an overall height change of 9" over stock. It's right on the edge of stabile and squirrely when towing but for the most part the traction control handles it.

I get the biggest payback in snow and on high crown or rutted roads. It's not often that I need to look for a way around or have to run off to the side of the road. I also don't have a winch but I do carry a high lift jack, a 10,000lb come-a-long and snatch block and of course a "Bubba Rope".

The worst damage I've ever done is twisting an axle and tearing up the stock 10.5" Sterling rear end. I've since gone to a Detroit locker in the rear and G2 Axles front and rear. The stock live Dana 60 front end is one tough unit and will last a long time as long as you don't run it locked up on dry pavement, (there's no differential).

So what's it like to drive a truck like mine. Well, if you could imagine driving a brick with 4 tires on it that pretty much sums it up. The fuel mileage varies between 9.5 and 10.2. But the 6.4L Diesel has pulled me through some stuff that my buddies won't even consider so it's a trade off. I can actually role the truck from a dead stop while at idle with it loaded and the boat behind it. It has an incredible amount of torque.

Price Tag - 67,000.00 for the truck and another 10,000.00 in goodies. The boat was 52,000.00 out the door. Did I pay too much? Come have fun with me and you can decide for yourself.

Teldor
08-30-2013, 01:14 PM
SGS, I can certainly say that for me personally, I could never pay that much for the rig... but I can also say I admire that you can! I would never be able to get the amount of use out of it to justify that cost, but from all your posts and given it is your business, it certainly shows you must love what you do! And while I wouldn't personally pay that for a rig like that, I would also never turn down an opportunity to be a passenger in either, boat or truck!

Line Stretcher
08-30-2013, 03:10 PM
SGS, I can certainly say that for me personally, I could never pay that much for the rig... but I can also say I admire that you can! I would never be able to get the amount of use out of it to justify that cost, but from all your posts and given it is your business, it certainly shows you must love what you do! And while I wouldn't personally pay that for a rig like that, I would also never turn down an opportunity to be a passenger in either, boat or truck!

Thank you.