PDA

View Full Version : Brannan Island?

Mr. Hotsauce
08-29-2013, 02:33 PM
Kids are going to start school after this weekend. Since it's a three day weekend for me wanted to take the kids out to brannon island. Do a little family bbq and maybe I can get in some fishing as well. Anyone know how the bit is out there for striper? cats? Which side would be better for fishing as I see water on both sides. I got a raft with a trolling motor which I was thinking about getting out to see if there's and large mouth bass in some of the smaller parts of the water that I've seen from google map. Planning to head out there this coming monday.

Dwight Manley
08-29-2013, 03:11 PM
a rubber raft with the kids in the delta?? it can be done safely but in "very few" spots. I would focus dead end sloughs with no wake zones. I think the east side of Brannan might be your only option there

depending on the strength of your trolling motor and batteries, you get into any water with ripping current and you may find yourself beaching the boat and walking back....not fun

I would seriuosly consider small lakes before the delta if all you have is an inflatable raft....assuming it's an inflatable

Kids are going to start school after this weekend. Since it's a three day weekend for me wanted to take the kids out to brannon island. Do a little family bbq and maybe I can get in some fishing as well. Anyone know how the bit is out there for striper? cats? Which side would be better for fishing as I see water on both sides. I got a raft with a trolling motor which I was thinking about getting out to see if there's and large mouth bass in some of the smaller parts of the water that I've seen from google map. Planning to head out there this coming monday.

Mr. Hotsauce
08-30-2013, 06:44 AM
I'm gonna be banking it mostly. Though I did see some areas that "seems" suitable for the raft on google maps lol. The kids wont be on it just me if I decide to bring it. Anyone knows how's the fishing there and if it's any good right now?