PDA

View Full Version : Salmon Mooching 8-29

dennis l
08-30-2013, 11:28 AM
Met up with Seon @ 3 usual spot picked Bill up in Fairfield, met Vic at West Side Ramp in Bodega, splashed the boat with-out large crowds. Went out on a nice foggy wind less ride, set up our mooching rigs, first set either Seon or I hooked what looked to be a very large shark, it broke water right after realizing it was hooked, then the fun was on, we both pulled lost line pulled some more, almost had it up to the boat several times then it would head for the bottom, seemed like 10 to 15 mintues, you know the feeling, the last run we lost it, was fun and exciting to have a large fish on. Really nice catch and release :jumping-smiley-011:. The next hours were non-productive for Salmon, we squued out some Rockies on sandy bottom. Around noon we decided it was time for some Rocks, Vic caught a nice Ling almost right off. Then was hit and miss mostly miss as the day progressed. Was like the fish were all asleep. Was the case for the boats around us there was basicaly no bite for anything after the noon bell. We tried hard went back to mooching just hoping, but as it some times go wasn't meant to be. We fished until late afternoon. But even without alot of fish was a very exciting day, weather was beatiful ocean FAC, lots of laughs, stories and good company. Thanks Seon for yet another great trip, I did manage to squeek out my Starfish to keep my record streak going, thats at least one Starfish on every Rocky attempt for the last 30 years or so, Seon got it on the Gopro Got back home around 830 so was a fun filled long day.

GNappers
08-31-2013, 08:10 PM
Fished today out of the gate from Duxbury to Sausalito for 1 trout sized salmon and one bite. Ruff stuff today did not see 1 net fly, lot of party boats around us, even heard wacky Jacky was fish less and one other party boat ad 1 fish at 29 pounds. Lots of bait. Tuff bite.