PDA

View Full Version : Garbage/River Clean up

HockeyFisher
09-04-2013, 11:20 PM
I went out banking today which I must admit I do not do often. I was basically raised on the stretch of the San Joaquin around Mossdale 7 days a week on the water for most of my child hood. I must admit though not as a fisherman but as a skier. Fishing is a new hobby for me and I'm hooked. I've never realized much how bad the trash and litter was in the river. I have had my share of stitches from glass bottles and bottle caps but anyone who spends enough time on the beach will get one here and there. But when I was out banking it today I couldn't believe what I saw there was enough garbage in one little spot to fill at least three heft bags!!! So that is why my boat will be now have a roll of garbage bags and before or after every trip we will stop at a heavily visited area and everyone on my boat will have to fill up one bag. If we all adopt a similar policy maybe those of us who care can really make a difference. We don't all see the world the same but maybe if the people littering see us it will get them thinking and get them to change. The garbage is not only an eye sore but it also hurts our wildlife.

salmonid
09-04-2013, 11:50 PM
Good idea, I'm gonna do the same from now on as well in my boat.

Best,

Teldor
09-05-2013, 06:56 AM
Great to hear, we all need to help where we can. This is a very common topic on the forums and you will find many of us are very used to carrying out trash and cleaning up behind those who came before us. Thanks for volunteering to help where you can! Every bit helps!

49erbassman
09-05-2013, 11:02 AM
I try and carry out some trash on every trip. Every little bit helps and it's a good example for my kids to follow

Fish on!