PDA

View Full Version : Question on number of salmon in possession.

Treb5
09-08-2013, 06:28 PM
Had a friend ask me this question and wasn't positive of the answer. I appreciate your input. is this information incorrect or outdated? If I have a limit of salmon in my freezer at home and catch another one, can I legally keep it?

(No more than one daily bag limit of each kind of fish, mollusk or crustacean may be taken or possessed by any one person, regardless of whether they are fresh, frozen or otherwise preserved. If you already have a limit of salmon in your possession at home, you may not target salmon or keep salmon caught incidentally while fishing for other species).

redneckpunk
09-08-2013, 07:32 PM
Had a friend ask me this question and wasn't positive of the answer. I appreciate your input. is this information incorrect or outdated? If I have a limit of salmon in my freezer at home and catch another one, can I legally keep it?

(No more than one daily bag limit of each kind of fish, mollusk or crustacean may be taken or possessed by any one person, regardless of whether they are fresh, frozen or otherwise preserved. If you already have a limit of salmon in your possession at home, you may not target salmon or keep salmon caught incidentally while fishing for other species).

You already have the answer;
If you already have a limit of salmon in your possession at home, you may not target salmon or keep salmon caught incidentally while fishing for other species

​~RNP

AnglingWes
09-08-2013, 08:35 PM
This has been discussed many times, and as impossible as it seems to actually enforce the law as it is written, it is exactly as it is written. Fish in the freezer = fish in possession.

lineside
09-09-2013, 09:29 PM
I have store bought salmond in my freezer. I hear about people shipping fish home while continuing to fish for days in Alaska.I`m not sure this info is correct.

Katfish
09-09-2013, 09:58 PM
I have store bought salmond in my freezer. I hear about people shipping fish home while continuing to fish for days in Alaska.I`m not sure this info is correct.

As much as I'd like to think it wasn't...

I can guarantee you that it's correct.

Give a call to your local dfw office and see what they say if your unsure. They wouldn't write it out point blank in the regs if it wasn't true.

In fact it's one of the few regs that you don't have to hire someone to translate for you. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Midnight Krawler
09-10-2013, 10:41 AM
If you have a limit of salmon in your freezer and then go fishing for more = your just not eating enough salmon. Really, eat it, give it away or cook/smoke it = no more limit.

In my house salmon never even makes it to the freezer. Fresh is always better.

49erbassman
09-10-2013, 12:33 PM

It's in writing in DFW website so it's true. The law and what people actually do are two different thing.

Fish on!