PDA

View Full Version : Anyone been to Collins recently

Katfish
09-10-2013, 08:58 PM
Ok so before I begin....

Yes I know it's salmon season... Yes I would rather be catching a big chromed out beast. But until one of ya'll take me out im stuck fishing for what I know. :grin:

So here's the deal..

Headed to Collins lake. Will be fishing from a boat. I have lots of experience at Collins, and I know the lake very well. So I'm not askin for your spots or honey holes, I have plenty of my own.

I would love to get some advice on setups and what's been hot in the last couple weeks as I haven't been there in a boat for a few months now.

I plan on trolling early morning right at sun up. Then ill switch over and drift fish with some bait for a while before I go bass hunting.

After a midday break for lunch and catfishing, ill head back out until dark for some more trout fishing.

I'm assuming the trout are still holdin pretty deep for the most part? What depth have they been catching them on? Also what lures/flashers are hot right now for trolling the lake?

Have No downriggers. Should I grab some leadcore?

Feel free to pm me if you wish and I appreciate any help and info your willing to share guys.

Katfish

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

redneckpunk
09-10-2013, 09:10 PM
A month ago is best info I can give and it was slow. Best trout bite was at nite off the boat docks. Talked to several people camping and almost all were reporting skunks in daylight hours. Even the lastest reports from the lake (today) are looking bleak

Collins Lake :: Catfish are leading the race (http://www.collinslake.com/fishing/)

~RNP

Katfish
09-10-2013, 09:15 PM
A month ago is best info I can give and it was slow. Best trout bite was at nite off the boat docks. Talked to several people camping and almost all were reporting skunks in daylight hours. Even the lastest reports from the lake (today) are looking bleak

Collins Lake :: Catfish are leading the race (http://www.collinslake.com/fishing/)

~RNP

Hmm kitty fishing might be the ticket then.

Might spend less time after trout than I planned unless I get into some early morning action.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

GNappers
09-10-2013, 09:23 PM
AmPm seems to fish there a few times a year. If you have a slip try for cats saw a guy with a 6 and 7 pounder a few years ago fishing off the back of his boat. I had something break my line using a jerky doggie treat by the cleaning station. Here trout re caught by the dam at night. Across from the berths is a cove we anchored and caught trout on white power eggs off the bottom. I would throw jigs/spinners toward the shore for crappy and bass.

Jfitalia
09-11-2013, 06:26 AM
Their website updates weekly. Sounds like the trout are gorging on shad schools by the dam. Check out collinslake.com