PDA

View Full Version : Good day In Jackson Calif

stefanoflo
09-11-2013, 11:38 PM
Me and a friend went Trout fishing Tuesday September 9th in Jackson ca on Electra Road area with a fishing partner from days long ago . had not had days like this since back in the 80`s on the Calaveras River and
from the Pic you can say we had a good day with the worms and the fish .

deke
09-12-2013, 01:26 PM
Me and a friend went Trout fishing Tuesday September 9th in Jackson ca on Electra Road area with a fishing partner from days long ago . had not had days like this since back in the 80`s on the Calaveras River and
from the Pic you can say we had a good day with the worms and the fish .

isnt that the N. Fork of the Moke

stefanoflo
09-12-2013, 05:03 PM
isnt that the N. Fork of the Moke

is it??
I just drive, park ,get out and fish
Sorry ,I can`t help you with that.I just know its in Jackson by the 49 Bridge.
SF

Sutter Creek
09-12-2013, 05:15 PM
Nice fish!

gbslade
09-13-2013, 05:34 AM
At Electra Road it's the mainstem of the Mokelumne.

stefanoflo
09-13-2013, 04:18 PM
The river is a Working stream . meaning that you will hike and work for every fish you catch . you can fish upstream or down stream . Pick you section enjoy it and be aware that the water level that changes almost daily and it can become dangerous to get stranded on a rock in the middle of the river , as the stream comes up and you need a place to go to get off .
Find a land mark and keep an eye on it . The water can come up 3 feet and more at times and the turbulence can be dangerous , Play it smart and you will live to see more fishing

Captain Compassion
09-13-2013, 04:52 PM
Nice mess of trout. Nice and fat for the smoker. Good days guys.

CC

Marv
09-13-2013, 06:59 PM
Nice job, that section kicks my butt. Thanks for showing me there is fish in there. The worm, nothing fancy but effective. Did you get to try any of your new gear from your Cabellas trip?

salmonid
09-13-2013, 07:38 PM
Looks like good times with your buddy, stefanoflo!

Why does the river change flows so frequently? Are the dam operators trying to encourage salmon and steel to move upstream or is it something else?

Best,

toomanyhobbies
09-13-2013, 08:01 PM
Well done! That area is still on my list of spots to hit. Nice Shorts GO A'S!!!!!!

stefanoflo
09-14-2013, 01:09 AM
Nice job, that section kicks my butt. Thanks for showing me there is fish in there. The worm, nothing fancy but effective. Did you get to try any of your new gear from your Cabellas trip?

No!. nothing from Cabelas. Im not in that Income range to be able to buy what they have at the stores.
I just used a Normal Rapala reel with a 7ft trout rod from Okuma. Maxima 6LBS test and 4Lbs leader from P Line Moss Green Floroclear , No8 bait Hook. and My home raised European night crawlers . Corn meal fed 2 times a week . . Drifted all day long tried a few eggs as well , but all on worms. something about worms they love. maybe its because most i see fish that river are either using eggs or hardware. not many worms are being used.or maybe its my special loved worms with corm meal inside them. makes for a sweet taste i guess.
corn and all that is.

gbslade
09-14-2013, 05:24 AM
The flow regime at Electra is strictly about power generation. There are no anadromous fish above Camanche dam.

I second the caution regarding water level. The flow at Electra over the last 40+ days varies from 200 cfs to 1,000 cfs during each day.

stefanoflo
09-14-2013, 08:15 PM
The flow regime at Electra is strictly about power generation. There are no anadromous fish above Camanche dam.

I second the caution regarding water level. The flow at Electra over the last 40+ days varies from 200 cfs to 1,000 cfs during each day.

heres the chart for Electra road Flows
for those that want the info Mokelumne - Below Electra Powerhouse (http://www.dreamflows.com/graphs/day.388.php)

SoulAnchored <><
09-14-2013, 11:49 PM
Great catch and good pics...keep up the tight lines and good fishin.

Sensi Hooks
09-15-2013, 06:50 PM
Awesome! Ive been hitting up the yuba and bear river only to have lookers but no takers(picky trout-single barbless no scent) I gotta hit up the Electra Road section of river next. Is there any tackle restrictions? :fishing5xd:

stefanoflo
09-15-2013, 08:18 PM
Awesome! Ive been hitting up the yuba and bear river only to have lookers but no takers(picky trout-single barbless no scent) I gotta hit up the Electra Road section of river next. Is there any tackle restrictions? :fishing5xd:

Nope!!
5 fish limit . Line ,sinker, hook, bait and a Creel
have at it. bring the hiking boots if you work the river

saizo
09-18-2013, 09:33 AM
And watch for rattlesnakes. Nice catch stef!!