PDA

View Full Version : San Pablor Reservoir Trout derby-some questions and answers from Anglers Press

MarkZ
09-19-2013, 12:09 PM
Hi,
These are the answers from Anglers Press

Adult registration covers how many kids?
2.Your adult registration covers as many kids as you want to bring

Can you get wrist band at boat ramp area and main rec area?
3.You will receive a wristband at registration - in both areas

If you go on Saturday do you need to registar again on Sunday?
4.If you register once, you do not have to register again

Good luck
Mark

FishGuyService
09-19-2013, 05:18 PM
What about the prizes? Yes you "can" win a MBT "if" you are in the top 25, but what about the other prizes? Just curious.

See you this weekend!

Tyler

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

mikeandkristy
09-19-2013, 05:50 PM
We will be out there too. I would like to know about the other prizes as well.:signfishon34hi6zv:

Jetspray
09-19-2013, 05:53 PM
What about the prizes? Yes you "can" win a MBT "if" you are in the top 25, but what about the other prizes? Just curious.

See you this weekend!

Tyler

How about this......Jetspray

http://www.norcalkayakanglers.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=083abcdfe483ae99c3add9b64a7922 21&action=dlattach;topic=47884.0;attach=217991;image (http://www.norcalkayakanglers.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=083abcdfe483ae99c3add9b64a7922 21&action=dlattach;topic=47884.0;attach=217990;image)

FishGuyService
09-19-2013, 06:11 PM
Thanks Jetspray but its only lists the BMT (boat motor trailer) unless i am totally blind. Or maybe partially ;)

See you out there Mike and Kristy, i will be in the maroon trim tracker G-15.

Tyler

Jetspray
09-19-2013, 06:24 PM
Thanks Jetspray but its only lists the BMT (boat motor trailer) unless i am totally blind. Or maybe partially ;)

See you out there Mike and Kristy, i will be in the maroon trim tracker G-15.

Tyler

I only posted it because there were some contact numbers on the flyer:biggrin:......Jetspray

FishGuyService
09-19-2013, 07:43 PM
I asked and they are tight lipped. Big secret I guess. Maybe we all get rain ponchos for the projected rain this weekend? Thats would be SWEET!!!

Tyler

Jetspray
09-20-2013, 07:13 AM
I asked and they are tight lipped. Big secret I guess. Maybe we all get rain ponchos for the projected rain this weekend? Thats would be SWEET!!!

Tyler

Or they are gonna set the prizes with the amount of tickets bought, they need enough to cover things. The lake being low will drive away many anglers........Jetspray

mikeandkristy
09-20-2013, 06:04 PM
See you out there! Gonna get wet but I love the rain. We will be in our fisher boat with the mermaid bumpers and me in my pink Scheels hat!
Kristy:)

Line Stretcher
09-20-2013, 06:11 PM
"with the mermaid bumpers"

Too Fun.. I love it! I found the Bass shaped bumpers but haven't been able to find the Steelhead ones yet. I'm still looking!

redneckpunk
09-20-2013, 06:49 PM
"with the mermaid bumpers"

Too Fun.. I love it! I found the Bass shaped bumpers but haven't been able to find the Steelhead ones yet. I'm still looking!

Cant help you with that one! LOL!

Line Stretcher
09-20-2013, 07:03 PM
Cant help you with that one! LOL!

Damn, I was counting on you.. LOL.. Yep, these are one of those things that I'll just stumble across one day.

fyrmedic707
09-21-2013, 08:11 AM
Good luck to all you anglers heading out there today. Wish i could join, but we have a packed weekend. Tight lines! :salmon:

FishGuyService
09-21-2013, 09:32 AM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/09/22/e7yjupan.jpg

Ummm. Rain...check!

Fish.....do crappie and bass count?

Tyler

Line Stretcher
09-21-2013, 09:37 AM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/09/22/e7yjupan.jpg

Ummm. Rain...check!

Fish.....do crappie and bass count?

Tyler

Threaded night crawlers with a copper or brass flasher and top water Rap's (black/gold).

Marv
09-21-2013, 11:05 AM
You are in the middle of my favorite trout fishing weather. A Gold 1/4oz. Panther or Blue fox has slaughtered stockers on days like today. Something else to try till you get a pattern down. Good luck!

ef9boy88
09-21-2013, 11:16 AM
We went out, tried power bait, couple different lures including the L2S all 3 weights, we weren't catching and nobody around us was, step daughter gave up and I wasn't interested in arguing. Be back tomorrow though. Any body got open space for me and 11 year old step daughter tomorrow?

GNappers
09-21-2013, 12:39 PM
Thank God we got some rain. Sorry it came today on you all. I was going for striper but SPB might be chocolate right now. I think they were planting 1500 pounds for this tournament, if so that is ridiculous.

Starscream
09-21-2013, 01:19 PM
how did the water looked today and which point did that plant the fish at? Was there alot of people today?

FishGuyService
09-21-2013, 01:32 PM
The water was somewhat clear start of the day, then the wind whipped up and the rain came down. I had temp readings all in the 70's at the surface.

So all the reports said that 1200 pounds went in this week. Then we were told that 10,000 pounds were put in! That amount of fish in that lake the odds were good that we would have snagged a fish! But it was ultimately not a great day on the water. Ended up with four bass from 6-14" and a nice sized crappie.

Tomorrow is another day I guess. Hopefully the boat can dry out by then ;)

Tyler

PS the guys at the main area said that there was only one fish brought in by noon and it weighed 1.5 pounds. Sad :(

GNappers
09-21-2013, 01:39 PM
Hard to find a number for the lake. Called this number (510) 223-1661 many times it was busy then it sounds like a fax machine when it does answer. I want to get a fish report from them to see how truthful it is. I used to love this lake but since the new owners took over it has gone downhill. They obviously don't plant as much as they say they do. Good luck all who go back out tomorrow and Go Niners!

Starscream
09-21-2013, 01:46 PM
omg if thats the results thats baddd

Starscream
09-21-2013, 01:51 PM
Yea I called them yesterday too and the people that answer the phones are like their not sure which way the fish are dropped off and the anglerspress didnt know about the one rod rule that was in their rules for the derby. I was like huh WATTT.... (I was gonna say you put in that rule and you don't know anything about it.)

ef9boy88
09-21-2013, 01:56 PM
Holy molly, if that's all that was caught today that is horrible. Be back tomorrow though. Oh well, got some new lures to try out, hopefully tomorrow will be better.

Starscream
09-21-2013, 02:26 PM
Was there a lot of shore anglers?

FishGuyService
09-21-2013, 03:05 PM
Maybe 30-40 boats and triple that for shore anglers? Anyone else have a guess?

ef9boy88
09-21-2013, 03:44 PM
I was thinking like 15-20 boats, and Maybe 40 shore anglers. I checked in by where the boat was and only say maybe 10 other people at that spot. What were they giving away at the boat launch area?

ef9boy88
09-21-2013, 03:49 PM
I feel like this was poorly organized, and it said many vendors I only saw one vendor there other than the boat display, but maybe there were a bunch at the boat ramp. Also maybe we should cut em some slack it says this is the first annual, and when you think about it, they're on iPhone number 6 or something like that and it's still full of bugs and glitches.

Line Stretcher
09-21-2013, 06:10 PM
they're on iPhone number 6

7.0 just hit the streets. Not bad. I've been running it for about 3 hours now.. LOL..

mikeandkristy
09-21-2013, 06:23 PM
Fgs, I called Anglers press this week and Vince told me that 10.000 lbs went in on Tuesday and another 5.000 lbs went in on Wednesday. I know we didn't find them. Got a big cat that was it. Whole new strategy for tomorrow. Think we saw you out there braving the rain around 11:30. Come say hello if you get the chance tomorrow. Btw, Concerning the raffle, Is everyone who entered in or do you have to pay extra? I forgot to ask this morning at registration. Thanks.
Kristy.

FishGuyService
09-21-2013, 06:43 PM
Hi Kristy,

Yeah I saw you guys a few times but wanted to give you some space just in case your luck was better than ours. How did you do back in that cove. Looked like a great place for a nap!

Yeah we split around noon, drenched and frustrated.

We have a new strategy for tomorrow too. Its too bad we cant use two rods per person then finding the pattern would be THAT much easier. Oh well, guess we are gonna have to use the depth charges ;)

Still think that there should have bern more trout caught even on accident with 15,000 pounds in there.

Have a good feeling about tomorrow. Best of luck and see you on the water!

Tyler

PS. Sorry about your hair!

mikeandkristy
09-21-2013, 06:45 PM
ef, This is what we got.16908 Not even sure what this little thing is. I guess it may be what we get for two days of fishing and 30 dollars of entry fees. Not to mention parking and fishing. But we got something! LMAO!!!! Maybe I should throw this out tomorrow........Uh no...But nice try guys! But if I get desperate I will try anything.

Line Stretcher
09-21-2013, 06:49 PM
ef, This is what we got. lol!16908 Not even sure what this dark sad little thing is. I guess it may be what we get for two days of fishing and 30 dollars of entry fees. Not to mention parking and fishing. But we got something! LMAO!!!! Maybe I should throw this out tomorrow........Uh no...But nice try guys!

Oddly enough, dark colors are high contrast and often work well in discolored water. With a 1 rod restriction you don't have a lot of opportunity to test the waters.

P.S. On any given day 1/2 night crawler.

mikeandkristy
09-21-2013, 07:01 PM
Fgs, It was dead back there, That is our go-to spot when it opens. Gonna have to think like stockers tomorrow. See you in hopefully better weather.

mikeandkristy
09-21-2013, 07:04 PM
Sgs, Yes crawlers were on almost everything we had out today. If I am desperate and I most likely will be I will throw out that weird thingy they gave us. lol. You never know, Might win us the derby. I would die laughing if that actually happened though..

49erbassman
09-21-2013, 07:15 PM
Looks like a nice Salmon spoon. I hear that place makes great spoons for fishing

Fish on!

ef9boy88
09-21-2013, 07:46 PM
LMAO, well I got desperate, and let me tell you... the wind CARRIES that poor thing, although the colors seem like they should work. I don't know I may use it a little tomorrow just to see but I have had most of my lures for about 20 years and not sure if this one will make that grade. The company also says they offer additional prizes if you catch on it too.

dyamonster
09-21-2013, 08:03 PM
Hi,

i was in the whaler and all we caught was a few small bass and got real wet. But, see you all out there again tomorrow.

david

mikeandkristy
09-21-2013, 08:22 PM
White Whaler, three guys? If not,... either way come by and say hello. We will share if we have any info. Good luck.

FishGuyService
09-22-2013, 10:18 AM
11:15 and nada in da boat. Well at least its not raining!

Tyler

GNappers
09-22-2013, 10:49 AM
Get home your missing football. 15,000 pounds! I don't think so.

ef9boy88
09-22-2013, 10:52 AM
Talked to a guy from angler's press said indeed it was a 150000lb plant, but that the lake chose this date as they AP wanted to wait until October for cooler water. The one catch was trolling at 40 ft if that helps any boaters.

FishGuyService
09-22-2013, 02:31 PM
Skunked again!

Pretty frustrating for sure. There was a good number of people on the lake who know what they are doing and got skunked as well.

Oh well, still better than working on the weekend but frustrating at the same time.

Good to see everyone out there!

Cheers

Tyler

MarkZ
09-23-2013, 06:04 AM
Hi,
We banked fish on Saturday near the main rec area for nothing.

We took our boat out Sunday and trolled and got nothing-not even a hit. I trolled for trout in August last year and caught a couple trolling deep, but that didn't work yesterday.

So, trout fishing was tough.

But, my kids still had fun.

The kids raffle was the best part yesterday. I'm glad the sponsors did that for the kids. My son won a pole, p-line and some grub lures which made his day.
Even if your child didn't win something in the kid raffle, the sponsors gave them power bait. Still a win for kids.

Markz