PDA

View Full Version : Collins Lkae

XPL051v3
09-21-2013, 07:07 PM
Thinking about hitting up Collins lake tomorrow morning around 6am. Any reports off the bank yet for trout? Have a boat but was thinking going off the bank with the some power bait. Thanks

-Xz-

redneckpunk
09-21-2013, 07:24 PM
There have been very few reports on here from Collins but from those couple and what Ive read elsewhere, at least prior to the storm, it been very slow. Very very slow. But this weather system can change all of that. If you make it out there let us know how you do.

~RNP

XPL051v3
09-21-2013, 07:40 PM
Thanks for the info! Thinking real hard of going but hate driving 1hr+ and getting skunked but thats fishing lol. We'll see how many of these beers I finish. If I end of going will probably try and hit up the damn area. Any word on how low the water is? Never fished collins this late.

-Xzi

Katfish
09-21-2013, 08:00 PM
Thanks for the info! Thinking real hard of going but hate driving 1hr+ and getting skunked but thats fishing lol. We'll see how many of these beers I finish. If I end of going will probably try and hit up the damn area. Any word on how low the water is? Never fished collins this late.

-Xzi

Water is VERY VERY LOW.

Guessing prolly 40' down. Minimum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

XPL051v3
09-21-2013, 08:09 PM
Water is VERY VERY LOW.

Guessing prolly 40' down. Minimum.

Thanks bro! Just looked it up online at collins lake. Says 35ft from full. I'll try my luck and see what happens! Won't need ice for my beer. Will have a pole setup for bass of course with a spinner bait and top water frog. Check back for the report, hopefully a limit! I will be doing this off the bank. -

-Xzi

Katfish
09-22-2013, 12:23 AM
Thanks bro! Just looked it up online at collins lake. Says 35ft from full. I'll try my luck and see what happens! Won't need ice for my beer. Will have a pole setup for bass of course with a spinner bait and top water frog. Check back for report, hopefully a limit! I will be doing this off the bank. -

-Xzi

On the bass fishin....

Frogs really aren't to productive at Collins.

A couple weeks ago when we fished it from the boat the bass were chasing shad around the banks the whole day. Quite an amazing thing to watch but they just weren't interested in the artificial stuff...

If I could do it again I know what I would be spending my time throwing at them.

Get some minnows ;) jus sayin...

If you can't get them throw out some jerk baits...

Trust me on this one..