PDA

View Full Version : Lost my knife......again

woolybuggin
09-25-2013, 03:38 PM
left my knife at sailor bar the other night so im assuming whoever found it wouldve yesterday morning. i lost my last buck knife in the same spot last year and bought this as a replacement and this is the first time taking it out and of course i did it again. i get home and all i have is the sheath!!!!!!!!!!

CRABBY
09-25-2013, 03:46 PM
left my knife at sailor bar the other night so im assuming whoever found it wouldve yesterday morning. i lost my last buck knife in the same spot last year and bought this as a replacement and this is the first time taking it out and of course i did it again. i get home and all i have is the sheath!!!!!!!!!!bugger,next knife spray it cal trans orange!!:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Line Stretcher
09-25-2013, 03:51 PM
Well that sux... I picked up a CRKT Lake 111 a couple of months ago. Best edge holding knife I've ever owned. I bought a Kershaw the same day just in case this CRKT sucked and it's on the boat, still in the unopened box. I have the classic Buck also but it's best carried in a sheath because of it's weight. The CRKT is about the same size but half the weight and I carry it always in my front pant pocket.

Which brings me to my point. Carrying a knife in a sheath and wearing it sometimes is why you loose them. Carry a knife always in your pocket and it becomes habit so you're less likely to forget it.

redneckpunk
09-25-2013, 06:39 PM
Between work, fishing, and crap around the house I would say I lose at least a knife a month. I finally figured that for the short time I own them, there is no sense in having a high quality so I started buying a cheap folding knife I found at Wally World for $1.00ea. Usually pick up 4-5 every couple months, keeping a couple in the camp gear, a couple in the boat, a couple in my truck, etc..

~RNP

Line Stretcher
09-25-2013, 06:48 PM
Between work, fishing, and crap around the house I would say I lose at least a knife a month. I finally figured that for the short time I own them, there is no sense in having a high quality so I started buying a cheap folding knife I found at Wally World for $1.00ea. Usually pick up 4-5 every couple months, keeping a couple in the camp gear, a couple in the boat, a couple in my truck, etc..

~RNP

Good idea.

sportygirl
09-25-2013, 08:12 PM

~RNP

Once a month??? Summer months try every other day!!! Lol

Marv
09-25-2013, 08:35 PM
Sucks to lose a good knife, I had a nice schrade that I lost, and like you replaced it and lost that. Now I buy cheapies, I usely lose them before they break or go dull.

GNappers
09-25-2013, 09:00 PM
Between work, fishing, and crap around the house I would say I lose at least a knife a month. I finally figured that for the short time I own them, there is no sense in having a high quality so I started buying a cheap folding knife I found at Wally World for $1.00ea. Usually pick up 4-5 every couple months, keeping a couple in the camp gear, a couple in the boat, a couple
in my truck, etc..

~RNP
I bought some cheap blue handle folding knives and they are pretty sharp, gave myself a nice cut on the finger the other day.

Jimmy_M
09-26-2013, 09:50 AM
I had a really nice fillet knife fall out of my vest there about two weeks ago and didn't realize it until I got home. I think we've all lost good knives Salmon fishing at some point...

49erbassman
09-26-2013, 10:04 AM
I had a really nice fillet knife fall out of my vest there about two weeks ago and didn't realize it until I got home. I think we've all lost good knives Salmon fishing at some point...

Yup and I'm sure we have found a few as well ;)

I misplace a knife a month and will find it 3 months later. For this reason I only buy cheap ones. I bought a pair of used waders from CL about 9 months ago and it had a nice Smith and Wesson knife in them that probably cost more than all my knifes lol

patientfisher420
09-26-2013, 10:27 AM
my dad gave me a smith and wesson knife for my 13th birthday. im 22 now, and i still have the knife! i have left it places, lost it in various bags or around the house, one time i almost let it get away after lending it to someone who needed it on a boat, but it still has always found its way back to me, knock on wood haha. im gonna have to get a cheaper knife one of these days so i dont have to worry about keeping track of the sentimental one.

saizo
09-26-2013, 11:08 AM
49er did u lose that knife on the hatchery side? Two years ago I found a s&w knife almost brand new. I'll try and dig it out from my fishing gear if it's yours

49erbassman
09-26-2013, 11:33 AM
49er did u lose that knife on the hatchery side? Two years ago I found a s&w knife almost brand new. I'll try and dig it out from my fishing gear if it's yours

Your a good man bruther! I still have mine though, didn't lose that one yet lol

Fish on!

woolybuggin
09-26-2013, 12:06 PM
The first one I lost was a Winchester that I had for years, the wooden handle was well made. This last one wasn't quite as nice but it felt very durable and still cost me over $40 so it sucks to lose iy

GNappers
09-26-2013, 02:21 PM
I found a fillet knife in Richmond on the shore. Anyone fishing the Rod and Gun lose one?

BigUnInDaBoat
09-27-2013, 04:44 PM
I left my dads Buck knife that I had inherited at lower Kinney lake at the top of hwy4 15 years ago. I had just cleaned 2 limits of fat beautiful trout, and was at Ganns meadows when I realized I had lost it. I hope whoever found it is taking good care of it.

XPL051v3
09-27-2013, 07:57 PM
That sucks! I actually lost my good Kershaw knife at Minden a few weeks back! Someone got a nice knife. Didn't realize I didnt' have it until the next morning waking up and went down to the water and it was nowhere to be found.

-Xzi

Katfish
09-27-2013, 09:16 PM
That sucks! I actually lost my good Kershaw knife at Minden a few weeks back! Someone got a nice knife. Didn't realize I didnt' have it until the next morning waking up and went down to the water and it was nowhere to be found.

-Xzi

That sucks bro. Nothing ever got turned in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

woolybuggin
09-27-2013, 09:43 PM
Apparently we all need little tracking devices on our knives...... Marketing idea? :)

danweasel
09-27-2013, 10:48 PM
I lost my stupid Gerber knife three times. Now they don't even make that one anymore.

So I roll with a $10 fireman knife now.

-Dan

GNappers
09-27-2013, 10:54 PM
I buy cheap sunglasses since I lose at least one pair a week.

BaitMaster
09-29-2013, 06:48 AM
It might be a long shot.... And maybe it has be mentioned, or exists, but what about a sticky on this board or the classifieds for lost and found items?

I know if i found a nice knife with nobody around to claim it, I WOULD pick it up :)

But if i came on here and read that somebody had lost it, or had a place to post what i found, I would do the right thing....

Just a thought. Losing stuff sucks!

I had a tool set for over 15 years and managed to keep track of every piece.... And then "misplaced" it somewhere at pick n pull in my hunt for parts.... As soon as i realized i was carrying parts and not my toolbox my heart sank. I back tracked every car i had stopped at and probably left it only a couple cars away, but it was GONE. The guys at the front desk said "If somebody did find it, they would most likely dump your tools into their box and toss yours"... Ruined my day, even though i found parts i had been searching for for a while and it was the 50% off sale :(

woolybuggin
09-30-2013, 08:07 PM
It might be a long shot.... And maybe it has be mentioned, or exists, but what about a sticky on this board or the classifieds for lost and found items?

I know if i found a nice knife with nobody around to claim it, I WOULD pick it up :)

But if i came on here and read that somebody had lost it, or had a place to post what i found, I would do the right thing....

Just a thought. Losing stuff sucks!

I had a tool set for over 15 years and managed to keep track of every piece.... And then "misplaced" it somewhere at pick n pull in my hunt for parts.... As soon as i realized i was carrying parts and not my toolbox my heart sank. I back tracked every car i had stopped at and probably left it only a couple cars away, but it was GONE. The guys at the front desk said "If somebody did find it, they would most likely dump your tools into their box and toss yours"... Ruined my day, even though i found parts i had been searching for for a while and it was the 50% off sale :(
a lost and found is a great idea, let me see what i can do

GNappers
09-30-2013, 08:20 PM
Just had 2 pair of sunglasses returned by cousins in the last 2 weeks.

Jimmy_M
10-01-2013, 08:26 AM
what about a sticky on this board or the classifieds for lost and found items?

You sir have a lot more faith in humanity than I do...

BaitMaster
10-02-2013, 04:52 PM
You sir have a lot more faith in humanity than I do...

Maybe...

But because we both frequent the same forum in cyber space/share a similar love in life... I feel enough of a connection with the people on this site, to "have their back" ;)

.....I might hate the way they drive or act on public, but tell me you're a sniffer on the bank and i'll give you the benefit of the doubt, lol.

49erbassman
10-02-2013, 05:43 PM
I have posed the question of the lost n found forum to the powers that be......stay tuned for more info

Fish on!

49erbassman
10-02-2013, 06:02 PM
Lost and Found (http://www.fishsniffer.com/forums/lost-found/)
Here it is!!