PDA

View Full Version : D 3-5 Opener

toomanyhobbies
09-26-2013, 07:35 PM
So who's going up to play warzone in the woods? Were yea headed?

Katfish
09-26-2013, 07:53 PM
So who's going up to play warzone in the woods? Were yea headed?

I'm headed to sutter wildlife area for the opener.

Went out today to fire a few rounds an take a look around. Saw a ton of tracks. Looks promising. Will be scouting it out more before it opens

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

hooks
09-27-2013, 06:04 PM
good luck......

PapaGreg
09-27-2013, 06:54 PM
Hunting some BLM land in Calaveras county, been pretty cold in the mornings, figure they won't be moving until mid-morning when the sun hits some of the canyons.

toomanyhobbies
09-29-2013, 01:06 PM
No luck, 12 deer seen all females. Spent saturday off silver fork and sunday morning around icehouse. great weather and very relaxing so good weekend. the checkpoint at icehouse/50 only had 6 deer checked in 2 days. was not a mandatory check however.

hooks
09-29-2013, 01:44 PM
No luck, 12 deer seen all females. Spent saturday off silver fork and sunday morning around icehouse. great weather and very relaxing so good weekend. the checkpoint at icehouse/50 only had 6 deer checked in 2 days. was not a mandatory check however.

I didn't realize that they still had check points. Haven't seen one in years. The bucks should be moving around with all the hunters and weather changes.

PapaGreg
09-29-2013, 04:07 PM
Hooks, I was hoping for that same thing, it didn't happen! Only buck I saw yesterday was on private property, peacefully munching apples! Every year there is a check-point on 4 or 108, can't remember which one, although I believe it's on hwy 4.

bretmoua
09-30-2013, 05:29 PM
I'm hunting a bit south of you guys in zone D7. Been seeing countless does with their fawns on my 2 outings so far. Boy, I do wish they made a doe season. LOL Seems like the doe to buck ratio is 1000:1. LOL Have heard of some big boys being taken out of D7 already. I just need to make time to stay out longer on my hunts. Good luck to everyone.

toomanyhobbies
09-30-2013, 07:50 PM
Boy, I do wish they made a doe season. LOL Seems like the doe to buck ratio is 1000:1. LOL Have heard of some big boys being t.

+1 i couldn't care less about trophy racks. i'm hunting for freezer meat. told my wife i would be tagged out already if we had doe tags.