PDA

View Full Version : nimbus dam

patientfisher420
09-28-2013, 11:33 AM
going fishing at the nimbus dam today, and i might explore downriver past the gate too. im heading out in a few minutes, just throwin a post out there to see if any other sniffers feel like fishing there today. if you wanna meet up, ill be wearing black clothes with some red on it, look for an orange backpack too ha.

patientfisher420
09-28-2013, 03:04 PM
ended up not staying long because of the crowds. for some reason i thought i would get lucky today haha but i guess that is a spot to save for my free time on a weekday.

i think people here might like to know though, the fish are there. i got some hits, i saw lots of people hooking up, saw two salmon landed, and someone had a steelhead on a stringer. bead rigs and nightcrawlers seemed to be doing the trick.

fishingfrieda
09-28-2013, 03:36 PM
I was going to warn you but didn't want to discourage you because sometimes weekends are all people have. I have time during the week so usually try to let the weekend warriors have their fun. Although I usually find Saturday nights alright.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

49erbassman
09-28-2013, 11:02 PM
It was more like weekend idiots for me this morning. Not sure how much I will deal with that crap for as slow as the AR is right now

Fish on!

Trout Tracker
09-29-2013, 04:35 AM
Sorry to hear that your day of fishing the basin wasn't
a good one.
Many moons ago i was one of those people in that mess
of people fishing for Salmon.But thru the years it got not
only way over crowed but just plain unconfortable to
fish.
To many hot heads and a few fights
over a fish.
I still do fish it once in a while.
But now i fish with a flat fish by the bridge
next to the small cove.
What side did you fish from?
TT

Owlman2
09-29-2013, 11:16 AM
Sorry to hear that your day of fishing the basin wasn't
a good one.
Many moons ago i was one of those people in that mess
of people fishing for Salmon.But thru the years it got not
only way over crowed but just plain unconfortable to
fish.
To many hot heads and a few fights
over a fish.
I still do fish it once in a while.
But now i fish with a flat fish by the bridge
next to the small cove.
What side did you fish from?
TT

Agreed.

I could be hooking a solid gold fish every cast, and still fishing the "basin" would not be worth it to me. All the subtleties that I enjoy about fishing don't exist there.

patientfisher420
09-29-2013, 03:11 PM
i just remember having gone a few times with my friend and somehow nobody was there and we had a blast catching salmon all day. yesterdays trip was inspired by that, but i should have trusted my instincts and remembered other times, the times you guys are talking about haha. it is definitely a different vibe there, not the relaxation many of us seek when going fishing.

fishingfrieda
09-30-2013, 02:23 AM
i just remember having gone a few times with my friend and somehow nobody was there and we had a blast catching salmon all day. yesterdays trip was inspired by that, but i should have trusted my instincts and remembered other times, the times you guys are talking about haha. it is definitely a different vibe there, not the relaxation many of us seek when going fishing.

You sure weren't dreaming that you and your friend were peacefully catching salmon all day at the basin? Lol :D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

woolybuggin
09-30-2013, 06:17 AM
It was more like weekend idiots for me this morning. Not sure how much I will deal with that crap for as slow as the AR is right now

Fish on!
thats why i didnt go all weekend because of the crowds, i stuck to bass fishin in my yak. i think i will be going out this evening though....i need more roe for steelhead!!