PDA

View Full Version : Cosumnes River Preserve Closed

borntoscout
10-01-2013, 12:32 PM
Not sure how TNC and BLM are connected but...

17052 17053

RideNfish
10-01-2013, 01:24 PM
Melones too.

Glory Hole Sports
October 1, 2013

Dear Doug,

We wanted to let you know that due to the Federal government closure, New Melones Lake is closed until theh politicians can come to anagreement.

I will refrain from making any political comment... But it's hard! Let's just hope they figure it out soon so we can get back to fishing.

Melanie
Glory Hole Sports

Thank your customer, tell them how valuable they are to you, but don't go overboard. Insincerity is easy to spot.

Sincerely,

Melanie Lewis
Glory Hole Sports

Reel Fun
10-01-2013, 02:16 PM
I deer hunt across the Consumnes river from the Consumnes Preserve and I have never seen a single person on that stretch of preserve? RF

dsa2780
10-01-2013, 03:09 PM
deleted

Reel Fun
10-01-2013, 06:35 PM
More rain than last year? It rained once for half a day. RF

dsa2780
10-01-2013, 07:50 PM
I can recall 3 downpours within the past 3 weeks out where I live in the delta. Not much, but seems a bit more than what we were having last September.

borntoscout
10-02-2013, 06:30 AM
Anyone planning on hitting the are for CnR salmon this year? We've had a bit more rain than last fall so I'm going to guess the fish will run up there again.

The Cosumnes is closed to the take and possession of salmon but the canoe and kayak launch at the CRP is (was) used by yakkers to access the salmon running up the Mokelumne. Salmon were being caught on the Moke up to the Cosumnes mouth for about a week now.

kickinit
10-02-2013, 09:07 AM
Not sure how TNC and BLM are connected but...

17052 17053

I can understand federal land closures but why state? are we broke again??

borntoscout
10-02-2013, 09:40 AM
From the CRP web site:

The Cosumnes River Preserve consists of approximately 45,859 acres of wildlife habitat and agricultural lands owned by seven land-owning Partners. The Partners include The Nature Conservancy, Bureau of Land Management, California Department of Fish & Game, Sacramento County, Department of Water Resources, Ducks Unlimited, and the California State Lands Commission. The Preserve is centered along the Cosumnes River, its floodplains and riparian habitat. This habitat is buffered by a variety of agricultural operations. The Preserve provides numerous social, economic, and recreational benefits to local communities and to people residing in the larger Sacramento and San Joaquin areas. The habitat supports wildlife, including birds that migrate throughout the Pacific Flyway.

Of the seven, only BLM is Federal. And, the launch facility was constructed using state funds (Boating and Waterways). Just seems wrong?

CRABBY
10-02-2013, 11:47 AM
From the CRP web site:

The Cosumnes River Preserve consists of approximately 45,859 acres of wildlife habitat and agricultural lands owned by seven land-owning Partners. The Partners include The Nature Conservancy, Bureau of Land Management, California Department of Fish & Game, Sacramento County, Department of Water Resources, Ducks Unlimited, and the California State Lands Commission. The Preserve is centered along the Cosumnes River, its floodplains and riparian habitat. This habitat is buffered by a variety of agricultural operations. The Preserve provides numerous social, economic, and recreational benefits to local communities and to people residing in the larger Sacramento and San Joaquin areas. The habitat supports wildlife, including birds that migrate throughout the Pacific Flyway.

Of the seven, only BLM is Federal. And, the launch facility was constructed using state funds (Boating and Waterways). Just seems wrong?It's all about putting the hurt to as many people as possible by moonbeam an his fed buddies just to make their point an make it look worse than it is!!:wallbash:

dsa2780
10-04-2013, 11:24 PM
gfhjhjhj h

patientfisher420
10-05-2013, 07:12 PM
It's all about putting the hurt to as many people as possible by moonbeam an his fed buddies just to make their point an make it look worse than it is!!:wallbash:

smells like.....politics!

dsa2780
10-19-2013, 08:16 PM