PDA

View Full Version : Emeryville Sportfishing

SLAYER_OF_LINGS
10-27-2005, 10:22 AM
Fellow Fishermen,

I plan on going fishing/crabbing out at the Faralones on a boat out of Emeryville on Nov. 6th.
My questions are as follows:

How deep will we be fishing?
Can I use a spinning outfit?
Or should I just rent theirs?
What size weight will we use?

Although I have been on several shallow trips on the Queen of Hearts and Stagnaros and had an excelent time with my spinning outfit, I am turned off by the thought of HAVING to use heavy duty fishing reels and rods (que stick and a winch). I guess what I am realy asking is if I can get by with my med/hvy action spinning rod and reel with say 15-25 lb test?

Thanks

Ed

SEEKER
10-28-2005, 07:43 AM
Ed you will be fine with the 15-25# range stuff. I was out yesterday and didnt even get into the 25# stuff. Even chasing albacore I run 20# even 15#. Not saying I dont have a rig with me that isnt set up with 25 & 30# test "JUST IN CASE". Oh by the way we got limits and it was a beautiful day. Rock fish limits for all who were aboard and 5 or 6 lings,two that were keepers. Shrimp flies, plastics , all lings were hitchhikers with live bait. Have a GREAT DAY. TIGHT LINES< Rich

OH BY THE WAY WELCOME hope that you find it fun and informative here.

LingSlayer
10-28-2005, 08:51 AM
Hello and welcome to the boards!

I like the name you picked ;D

Tight lines,
LS

The_Reel_Won
10-29-2005, 10:47 AM
Yes you can. They still have to fish the same depths. under 120' How much weight as you know will depend on the current. The cue stick/wench is really old school stuff and most are now turned on to light action rock fishing.
Do your thing and don't let anyone tell you deferent. I kill many lings all with
light action rods and lines. Good luck out there.
TRW
pictures here ---> http://www.fishsniffer.com/cgi-bin/forumsyabb/YaBB.pl?board=west;action=display;num=1130038042

Fellow Fishermen,

I plan on going fishing/crabbing out at the Faralones on a boat out of Emeryville on Nov. 6th.
My questions are as follows:

How deep will we be fishing?
Can I use a spinning outfit?
Or should I just rent theirs?
What size weight will we use?

Although I have been on several shallow trips on the Queen of Hearts and Stagnaros and had an excelent time with my spinning outfit, I am turned off by the thought of HAVING *to use heavy duty fishing reels and rods (que stick and a winch). I guess what I am realy asking is if I can get by with my med/hvy action spinning rod and reel with say 15-25 lb test?

Thanks

Ed

deltalover
10-30-2005, 03:57 PM
Last time I went out we was dropping one pound weights 200 feet add a 20 lb ling or so and its quite a load. We limited out but my arms were sore for days. A cue and winch you say? :-/ not that bad an idea! When we were in the fish it was all hell breaking loose, and you wanted to reel up as fast as you could, get that fish off and back down while you were on the fish! No time or room to play with the fish.

SLAYER_OF_LINGS
10-31-2005, 10:46 AM
Thanks for the info guys.

I will be sure to let you know how I do.

fishermen_chris
11-03-2005, 11:39 PM
Not 100% sure but I was on a boat out of emeryville about a month ago and they said that crab season reopened on nov. 12th. might want to double check, but that was from the captain ???

SLAYER_OF_LINGS
11-07-2005, 10:50 AM
Had a blast! Up to 40 crabs per pot! We only pulled 5 pots to get full boat limits. Limits of huge rock cod and some ligcod. The deckhands literaly ran around providing the best service humanly posible. The captain kept us on fish.

ed

Striperman
11-07-2005, 05:41 PM
What boat did you go on?

Striperman

SLAYER_OF_LINGS
11-08-2005, 10:38 AM
SEEKER

Striperman
11-08-2005, 06:52 PM
How was the boat? Crew? Ive never been on the seeker but i would trust any of the boats out of emeryville. I fish on the New Huck Finn and the Cgull II. They are both great boats.

Striperman

SLAYER_OF_LINGS
11-09-2005, 10:53 AM
The boat was nice, clean and fast. Like I said the crew busted their butt.
Funny thing happend. We got there at 4 am and as we payed up in the shop, the gentleman behind the counter said to go on ahead and find yourself a spot on the boat. So here we are lugging ice chests and all our gear when suddenly the cabin light came on. The crew had slept on the boat and one came out and was upset for waking him up. Understandably so. He proceded to rig our poles up. All seven of my guests. I was also amazed at how quickly they detangled lines. Even a nasty 3 way tangle. No time was wasted.

Striperman
11-09-2005, 11:02 AM
Glad you had a good trip. I speak very highly of emeryville. Ive only fished on two of their boats but have heard good things and seen good things coming from the rest of the boats as well.

Striperman