PDA

View Full Version : Lot of lures

ef9boy88
10-05-2013, 06:01 PM
Guys I picked up a couple lots that had a bunch of lures in them, the problem is some of them I'm pretty cure what they are but others I have never seen before. I'm wondering if there's anywhere in or close to Pitsburg that I can go to that would have the time to tell me about some of it, anybody know of anyplace?

fishingfrieda
10-05-2013, 06:27 PM
Why not just take pics and put a couple on here?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Katfish
10-05-2013, 06:42 PM
Why not just take pics and put a couple on here?

+1 the Sniffers the best resource i know :Old_hippie:

ef9boy88
10-05-2013, 07:20 PM
Well when you put it that way it sounds so easy lol

ef9boy88
10-05-2013, 07:21 PM
+1 the Sniffers the best resource i know :Old_hippie:
That has actually proven pretty true for me too, except for this one rod I can't seem to find information on ANYWHERE.

fishingfrieda
10-05-2013, 07:24 PM
Give it a couple days for people to get a good look. Sure you'll have answers soon enough!

monkey916
10-05-2013, 07:30 PM
you really want to know what those are for or brand or what do you want to know...seems very self explanatory

Katfish
10-05-2013, 07:31 PM

Man dont you know???!!

you just gotta RNP IT!!!!! Lmao:bananatiedie:

Katfish
10-05-2013, 07:33 PM
First four are similar to a kwikfish and depending on the size of them are used for trout salmon bass etc.

AnglingWes
Pic 1- Flatfish for trout (trolling)
Pic 2, 5- Old bass/crappie jigs and plugs
Pic 3- Sliding sinker clips (for soaking bait) and some weird trolling thing
Pic 4- Corkies rigged with trebles. May be good for drifting for steelies, but look like someone's homemade experiment. They may work really well in the right conditions.

ef9boy88
what they are for would be good, as well as if there is a brand, but brand is less important than what to do with it. It may be self explanatory to you, but I have questions.

ef9boy88
10-05-2013, 07:35 PM
Ok thank you guys, I was responding to other response while you guys answered my question :smiley: Also that explains why I haven't seen most of it before, never been on a boat except for Saltwater trips outta Davy's Locker.

Katfish
10-05-2013, 07:39 PM
The next pic the one on top appears to be a large jig for bass/ stripers/ salt.

the next one down is typically used for striper.

the next one down is another older style plug similar to a kwik fish.

the one below that is an older style minnow lure similar to the older "amazing minnow" or todays rapalas.

Katfish
10-05-2013, 07:41 PM
Pic 1- Flatfish for trout (trolling)
Pic 2, 5- Old bass/crappie jigs and plugs
Pic 3- Sliding sinker clips (for soaking bait) and some weird trolling thing
Pic 4- Corkies rigged with trebles. May be good for drifting for steelies, but look like someone's homemade experiment. They may work really well in the right conditions.

Dammit Wes i WASNT DONE!!!! hahaha

and the second pic doesnt look much like crappie jigs man too big from what i can tell.

AnglingWes
10-05-2013, 07:43 PM
Pic 5 is crappie.
Pic 2 is bass. (or maybe Mendo Crappie)

monkey916
10-05-2013, 07:43 PM
+1 dammit wes...lol

ef9boy88
10-05-2013, 07:44 PM
Cool, thank you very much guys, once I get a water craft may be back with more annoying questions that Bass Pro used to get before i moved where the closest one is an hour away.

redneckpunk
10-05-2013, 07:47 PM
Man dont you know???!!

you just gotta RNP IT!!!!! Lmao:bananatiedie:

Looks like you guys have this one covered while Im surfing por.... ERRRR, the internet for a motor.

~RNP

Katfish
10-05-2013, 07:50 PM
Pic 5 is crappie.
Pic 2 is bass. (or maybe Mendo Crappie)

ok i see what you did there. The 5 blended in on the first post. lol

the lure on top in pic #5 is an older mepps aglia. Its a killer trout and bass lure.
Never used one for crappie im sure it would work on the larger ones though.

monkey916
10-05-2013, 07:50 PM
wasn't knocking you man...

salmonid
10-06-2013, 04:29 AM
Spin n glows. Good for salmon but even better for steel. Not sure what's up with the trebles though.

Good luck,

http://www.fishsniffer.com/forums/attachments/general-freshwater-discussion/17118d1381029503-lot-lures-img_20131005_200634_426.jpg

GNappers
10-07-2013, 08:47 PM
Definitely cut off the line and trebles or the rusty hooks. Use the corkie with roe or shrimp for steeliness. Take the beads and add them to the rigs you'll make with the sliding sinkers. Not a big fan of the lure with a hook on the bottom and then two trebles. That's a stuck hand waiting to happen. Just realized those are lures made with corkies. I say those would work good for trout.

WhopperStopper
10-08-2013, 10:51 AM
The spin n glos come witth the treble out of the package like that. I've caught lots of trout on those spin n glos. Thr orange/yellow with white wing is particularly effective. I used to slay the planters at camanches south shore trout pond with that lure. Also, like others have mentioned, they are good for steelies as well. I've seen jumbo sized ones work for kings with a big glob of roe

WhopperStopper
10-08-2013, 10:54 AM
I've caught smallies on the mepps minnow spinner and smaller versions I think would be good for crappie.

WhopperStopper
10-08-2013, 11:00 AM
The flatfish pictured look small sized used for trolling for trout. The blue rubber skirt jig is used for bass usually with some type of trailer like pork or a soft plastic craw type trailer. And the bucktail jig good with some type of trailer as well like a minnow or a curly tail grub or half of a ribbontail worm

mtn. man
10-08-2013, 04:49 PM
pic 1) Looks like sizes f-3 to f-5 Flatfish.

Pic 2) Plastic jig for bass or crappie, an old hair jig, some kind of plug, and a Rapala vertical jig for ice fishing.

Pic 3) Sliders for weights, Tazmanian Devil ( killer on trout)

Pic 4) Spin Glows, with an old homemade spinner attached ( maybe a shrimp rig ?)

Pic 5)Mepps (aglia Long ) minnow, Crappie or bass spinner bait, an Old popping plug ( I remember those when I was a kid) and some kind of jig.

Thats my 2 cents......

FresnoJack
10-08-2013, 06:02 PM
The first picture is of KwikFish now made by Luhr Jensen. Way back when, these were actually intended as lures for fly fishing because of their light weight.

Picture 2 - a jig with a weed guard, a buck tail jig. The last looks to be a jigging Rapala [or maybe another manufacturer]. These were intended as ice fishing jigs. The line is attached to the eye on the top, back of the fish. You raise and drop the lure and on each motion the lure swims in a circle. I have used these on schooling bass and on catfish in the Fall/Winter.

Picture 3 - the top images a sinker sliders. The lure is, I believe, called a Tasmanian Devil.

Picture 4 - the top 3 are Spin n Glos made by Yakima Bait. A very popular steelhead and salmon lure. The last item looks to be a worm harness.

Picture 5 - A mepps Anglia. The yellow object looks to be a popper, for surface fishing, possibly for fly fishing due to its size. The other are horse-head jigs. Cabela's makes them as do other companies.