PDA

View Full Version : South SF Bay Shark Fishing ???

Fern-dog
10-07-2013, 06:26 PM
I was thinking of taking my son-in-law out Leopard Shark fishing Friday. Was wondering if anyone has been getting any with size? Thought about launching out of San Leandro and trying out near the shipping channel near the San Mateo Bridge. Any info or comments would be appreciated.

Thanks ... Fern-dog

fishnmike
10-09-2013, 10:27 AM
Havn't been out for sharks in a month or so. Should be good along the shipping channel, just graph until you find fish. Weather should be great!

PennMan
10-09-2013, 02:30 PM
The area between A Bouy and Candlestick in the channel is a good area for leopards as well.

Fern-dog
10-09-2013, 08:19 PM
Thanks Fishnmike @ PennMan . Looks like the weather is gonna be a plus!

Fern -dog

Fern-dog
10-11-2013, 04:02 PM
Launched out of San Leandro Marina and headed out to the drops off near General Anchorage area. Had a nice outgoing tide. Baited up with squid & sardine filets. We to into them right away with several fish in the 4 to 4 1/2 ft. range. Nice mix of Leopards & Seven Gills. Off the water around 1ish with a total of 35 fish caught. Son-Inlaws first time out fishing and he's hooked! Nice fun day, little overcast but the Bay was like a Mill Pond

Fern-dog

PennMan
10-21-2013, 10:56 AM
any size to the 7gills ?
Launched out of San Leandro Marina and headed out to the drops off near General Anchorage area. Had a nice outgoing tide. Baited up with squid & sardine filets. We to into them right away with several fish in the 4 to 4 1/2 ft. range. Nice mix of Leopards & Seven Gills. Off the water around 1ish with a total of 35 fish caught. Son-Inlaws first time out fishing and he's hooked! Nice fun day, little overcast but the Bay was like a Mill Pond

Fern-dog

Fern-dog
10-21-2013, 06:45 PM
PennMan

The 7Gills averaged between 4 to 4 1/2 ft. There were a few smaller ones about 3ft or so. Got nice size Leopards too! Fun day and good first time fishing trip for my son-Inlaw

WhopperStopper
10-31-2013, 11:37 AM
Wow, 35 fish caught. ..you guys rocked them. Great job.