PDA

View Full Version : Anything GOOD Going On at Fort Bragg?

PlugROCKSTAR
10-16-2005, 06:55 PM
The girls and i will be at Fort Bragg, Mendocino with my one of my best friend and his girls on November 3-6 for my Birthday. *I would love to get into either Perch on the surf of something bigger than perchin.

thanks

AllFishNoWork
10-18-2005, 10:59 AM
916, Holly and I have been on boats out of Ft Bragg a few times this year and have had good times. We are going next weekend to celebrate her birthday. I don't know if you were thinking of going out on a charter but here is a link to last weekends report and the second link is the charter company we use.

http://usafishing.com/fortbragg.html
http://fortbraggfishing.com/

Rusty_Hooks
10-18-2005, 01:30 PM
WOW.... alot of Happy Birthdays, that's fishing happy birthdays ;D ;D....

this should keep Reno busy for awhile ::) ;) ;D ;D

PlugROCKSTAR
10-19-2005, 08:22 PM
Thanks Allfish but i don't think my Fiance' will let me get away on a fishing trip on a boat while were there. I was looking to Surf Fish actually. The beach house were staying at is a 100yards away from the beach. I might try Poke Polling too ;D heard it's a blast.

AzSprig
10-19-2005, 08:23 PM
Try giving the boys at Noyo Fishing Adventures a call. I went out with them several times this year and they are great ! I believe they are doing crab combo's starting first of November , have a ball !

Rock_Hopper
10-21-2005, 12:17 PM
Here's a link to one of my past fishing reports on Pierfishing.com. It's from the Noyo Harbor Jetty, from April of this year. Not sure if the striped perch hang around there all year (they don't at my Bodega Bay spots) but there should definitely be greenling, rockfish, and lings hanging around the jetty.

You can try grass shrimp or ghost shrimp in place of the cooked shrimp if you wish.

Here's the link:
http://www.pierfishing.com/msgboard/pfmb_archives.mv?SearchDatabase=0&viewid=242812

Rusty_Hooks
10-21-2005, 06:33 PM
nice report Rockhopper....

doncha just love it when they are there waiting for you.

Sounds like you had a blast

PlugROCKSTAR
11-02-2005, 08:06 AM
well, the gurls and my best friends gurls will be heading down to the coast 1st thing in the tomorrow morning. i was gonna book a trip with the Noyo guys but the BIG Blue Sea doesn't look too good. i will stick to my original plan, which will be on the surf and probably Poke Polling ;D

Rock_Hopper
11-02-2005, 11:00 AM
916 - You might want to give grubbing for redtail perch a shot, too, if you're into that and can find a stretch of sandy beach.

PlugROCKSTAR
11-02-2005, 08:58 PM
916 - You might want to give grubbing for redtail perch a shot, too, if you're into that and can find a stretch of sandy beach.

Just found couple un-opened Motor Oil Grubs and egg weights. YES i will be doing that. RockHopper are you in the area? i will have my laptop with me and hope to get into wi-fi signal.

Rock_Hopper
11-03-2005, 07:03 AM
Nope, I live in Santa Rosa and have only been to Fort Bragg once. I did a little bit of research before I went up there, though. I think I remember reading that the stretch of beach that runs north of the Noyo jetty holds some big redtails, but I was having so much fun on the jetty that I didn't even give it a shot.

Glass Beach is another name I remember for redtails.

Good luck!