PDA

View Full Version : Bodega lings and rockies Friday

The_Reel_Won
10-15-2005, 09:02 AM
Took a run up the coast in pea soup Friday for three limits of Lings 28" to 30" and nice grade rockies mostly vermillion, olives, blacks and blues. Fog lifted and swell died down in the afternoon. All in all a very good day ;)

http://www.yourfishpictures.com/data/578/medium/Don_V.jpg
http://www.yourfishpictures.com/data/578/medium/Don_lingcod.jpg

Team_Sheryl_Lee
10-15-2005, 09:22 AM
very nice

was hoping to get over there today
but opted to chase a pheasant at the club instead
due to the forecast
2 birds in an hour and a half
me and the dogs are tired
they needed a short day and for those of you who know "me"
know the dogs were still ready to go

TSL

basil
10-16-2005, 10:30 AM
You know a fishing report isn't worth much unless you give us some kind of proximity where you caught the fish. Out of Bodega just doesn't cut it.

SEEKER
10-16-2005, 10:41 AM
YEA give him the #`s Im sure he`ll fill you in on his "REPORTS" with #`s and ALL the details you left out. WHAT WERE YOU THINKING? ??? ;) YOUR REPORT WASNT WORTH A HOOT. LOL Thanks for the report. TIGHT LINES, Rich

Supperman
10-16-2005, 12:57 PM
Very Nice!
I need a satellite photo of the exact location though!
And a nice photo of the bait/rig you used would be nice too!

It looks like you had a great day judging from your smile.

Fish On!

SEEKER
10-16-2005, 01:23 PM
I got it just drop a BIG buoy with a :) we`ll know who left their mark. ;)

The_Reel_Won
10-16-2005, 03:55 PM
Gee basil, you sound a little bitter? * :'( *Not doing to well these days? lol *
Ok lets see if I can fill in the details just for youuuuu. Its going to take a couple of minutes for me to down load the numbers from my GPS to all my favorite reefs including the two new spots I found Friday and snap off a couple of pics of the exact types of bars and jigs showing size and colors. So keep checking back here ok? :-*

You know a fishing report isn't worth much unless you give us some kind of proximity where you caught the fish. Out of Bodega just doesn't cut it.

triggerfish
10-16-2005, 04:27 PM
Basil,just go to bodega on a weekday. weekends are always blown out! go NW for about 1 1/2 hours and start fishing. they will eat almost anything. just go past salt pt. thats where the cattle boats stop fishing.

Team_Sheryl_Lee
10-16-2005, 05:46 PM
i go south and do well enough with the bottom fish
when i head north i only find babies
as for the jealous factor i do feel it
we all know you have been going north and killing the fish all year
i have made 3 trips north this year for very poor results

TSL

triggerfish
10-16-2005, 06:04 PM
TSL how far have you been going? Pass salt pt. drop down some gibbs ,and hang on. try different depts ,last time we found them on a hard flat bottom,in 80-90 ft. ;)

BigAbHunter
10-16-2005, 06:50 PM
TRW,

Do you launch from Bodega? Fantastic report. You seem to always be on the big fish.... Keep the good spots a secret :)

-BAH

The_Reel_Won
10-16-2005, 07:38 PM
Yup, I usually launch at the west side launch. It's funny because I told a couple of guys at the ramp were I was going and they looked at me like I was crazy. Triggerfish is giving good advice, once you're up there just look for structure. I don't give out numbers because some guys are just plain lazy and will tend to hit the same spots over and over again. It makes no sense. It's a big coast line take the time to look around and find them. Once you do I bet you just dont throw those numbers out there over the internet. lol ;)
TSL I bet you do just fine if you're going where I think you are going.
Good luck guys its looking like nice weather next weekend. :D

TRW,

Do you launch from Bodega? Fantastic report. You seem to always be on the big fish.... Keep the good spots a secret :)

-BAH

Team_Sheryl_Lee
10-17-2005, 05:58 PM
i agree with the look around
i zoom my fish finder to see the bottom better
when my d/f is in 120' or better mode i can drive right by some nice little rocks
once i find a little rock even though it may not show fish i mark it with the m.o.b.
some times my drift may only be 50' long
but by working the smaller hidden(?) structures i have found my best fish

i have never gotten as far north as salt point
always stopped on the fished out sunken reef and worked north to the fort
may have to go on up a little farther
next ? isn't there a closed area in there some where?

TSL

triggerfish
10-17-2005, 06:18 PM
tsl,you are talking about grissel cove. its about the size of a postage stamp,its marked off with yellow bouys. and right next to shore. *you burn a little more fuel,but the size of the fish really goes up.

Rusty_Hooks
10-17-2005, 07:09 PM
That's........Gerstel cove ::)

Stay away from the bouys.....those guys are going to start using live fire ;) :o :o :o :o

Nice report....nice fish.....!!!

TRW likes to play close to shore 8)

Team_Sheryl_Lee
10-17-2005, 08:39 PM
i have made a few runs past point reyes
i dont think salt point is much farther if any and would probably be a better ride home

thanks for the info on the yellow bouys i will be looking for them
and may wish to find them just to know where they are

TSL

65whaler
10-21-2005, 12:03 PM
not sure which is closer for you bodega launchers, but don't forget point reyes when contemplating running as far as salt point. the partyboats do some dammage down there, but not as much as the do at elephant or bird. and the private boater traffic down there is also comparitively light.

Bait_N_Wait
10-22-2005, 06:23 PM
Reel, thanks for the great report. The teeth on that ling look DEADLY! ;D