PDA

View Full Version : Party Boats

hqly2001
09-18-2005, 09:40 PM
Hi,

I plan on taking some out of towners on a party boat..
either from berkeley or emeryville.. does anyone have any preference for any good ones? I don't mind either salmon or bass.. i would prefer bass then out for rock fishes..
but i doubt they do both..
List some good ones..

Also.. i have my own pole.. how do i know what lures to get if we do go out for rock fish.. or what i would need to setup my salmon rig?

Do they provide free setup or u have to buy? how about poles.. do they rent out poles and for how much.. i just want to make sure i have the right things..

Thannks!

CaptBrandon
09-18-2005, 10:03 PM
contact the morning star their in the f sniffer , they are running bass/halibut trips in the bay..tell mike brandon sent you

kromebrite
09-20-2005, 07:51 AM
Lots of very good options around. I have been on the Morning Star twice and I was impressed both times. I recommend them.

mike22ca
09-20-2005, 11:47 AM
I recommend quan (goldeneye 2000) or his brother (the hali). Also I recommend James Smith on the Cal Dawn.

grammar_police
09-20-2005, 12:13 PM
I recommend quan (goldeneye 2000)

I concur!

Collegebound
09-20-2005, 06:19 PM
All of emeryville sportfishings boats are great. I like the new seeker, but capt harry does mostly salmon trips. I know the New Huck Finn does mostly potluck trips. I've never tried berkeley's boats before.
Mike

Collegebound
09-20-2005, 06:30 PM
For renting poles, its usually 10 dollars. rockfish rigs are usually a weight below 2 shrimp flies. they are relatively cheap. around 5 bucks and they'll last for the whole trip. salmon trolling rigs are more expensive, as the lead balls are 2.50 apiece. it can really add up if you lose fish, and with the barbless hooks you do. On party boats its usually a good idea to stick with whatever the boat is using.

AzSprig
09-21-2005, 09:17 AM
I fished off the Golden Eye 2000 on Monday and Quan (SP) is an awesome Capt. He ran all the way to the Farallons to catch the quality fish. The entire boat had limits of Rock Cod within about 20 minutes and then we laid into the BIG lings. I have fished with other outfits out of the Bay area and they don't even come close to the service with Berkley fishing centers. Good luck !

Striperman
09-22-2005, 07:14 PM
All the Emeryville boats are good. I fish on the Huck Finn and the CGull. Both boats are good, skippers know what there doing, and put you on fish! I do a lot of fishing in the bay on those boats and was going to work on em over the summer but didnt have the time. Those are the only two boats i fish on anymore. Good luck out there. Should slam the stripeys!!!
http://momentoffame.com/photopost/data/501/medium/huck_finn_striper_28lbs.jpg
Thats a pic of a bass caught on the last trip i took on the Huck Finn! 28lbs!

Striperman

dbass
09-23-2005, 12:51 PM
I second the Goldeneye, stay away from the Happy Hooker, She will get get you fish, but she tired old boat, make your daay seem even longer.

joez3
09-24-2005, 05:57 PM
Where does sportfishingreport.com get there report numbers. Just for the fun of it I check on the boat I was on 2 weeks ago. They say that 12 fish were caught on that day. But only 3 were caught. Where did these extra fish come from?

fence_man
09-24-2005, 07:12 PM
There are like most fisherman the only time they tell the truth is when they call another fisherman a liarer!!!

redherring
09-29-2005, 01:59 PM
The Charter boats that I prefer are the New Huck Finn and C-Gull II out of Emeryville, the captains on both these boats were deckhands on the orginal Huck Finn (which was one of the best boats around back in the day) and have been fishing these waters for years. Both are extremely good at what they do and have very nice and clean boats. One of the things that people don't mention are the "deckhands" who I think are just as important to a good trip as the vessel and captains. Both these boats have excellent deckhands that are both helpful and always on top of things, like netting your fish and always making sure you have ample bait.

Striperman
09-29-2005, 04:04 PM
Well going to try out the New Salmon Queen. Seeker and I are heading down next saturday. Will post on return.

Striperman

deltalover
10-03-2005, 06:11 AM
;D I went out on the "Goldeneye 2000" sunday. We fished for rockfish and lings out at the Farallon Islands. The action was fast and furious! I came home with 20 lbs of filet's and my arms are still sore. *The Captain and deck hand were awesome, and the boat does 30 knotts, though we were doing about 18, it was a little choppy in the morning but ended up a real pleasant day. I can't wait to go again! The boats that went out for salmon from Berkeley came back with limits also. Nice fat salmon!

shotgun
10-10-2005, 02:30 PM
As you can see, all have their favorites. For my 2cents With the Happy Hooker, You won't go wrong.

gmdcdvm
10-15-2005, 06:12 PM
Never tried the Happy Hooker, but i have heard a lot of good thins and I plan on trying her out soon.

As for my personal favorites I like the New Salmon Queen out of Emeryville for salmon, and the Captain Hook for live bait pot lucks. Currently they are going out for rock fish only, and occasionally they may take a few drifts in the bay for striper if time allows. Usually they spend the day trying to limit out on ling cod so they normally don't make it back in time for striped bass fishing...

I pretty much like all of the Emeryville boats, but truth be told i have not heard anything bad about Berkeley or any other Bay Area outfits.

dogfish30
10-16-2005, 02:28 PM
I just booked a trip on the Golden Eye 2000 for a combo crab, rock, ling trip. Talked to Quan a couple times, and he sounds like a smart skipper. Glad to hear all the good feed back about his boat. I'll be going out Nov. 12. How bout some more sniffers booking too. Good luck, DF30 *:D PS Been out on the Happy Hooker a bunch of times. All types of fishing. Limits every time. ;D

triggerfish
10-16-2005, 06:14 PM
those catamarans are really nice lots of room and stable in sloppy seas. Quan and his brothers are all very good skippers. they will work hard to find the fish,if its not wide open.