PDA

View Full Version : Weirs

Nor*Cal
10-16-2013, 02:50 PM
Question: I know that you are not supposed to fish within 250 feet of weirs but does that include all weirs? I noticed that the dfg manual says “fish counting weirs.” Are all weirs considered “fish counting weirs?”
And also does this work the same for boat and bank fisherman. Answers are appreciated, Gentlemen.

49erbassman
10-16-2013, 02:54 PM
Yes both bank and boaters have to follow this law. My understanding is its any weir. Hell even the ones in the sutter bypass have signs posted

I would call though if you have a specific place in mind

Fish on!

Nor*Cal
10-16-2013, 03:21 PM
Thanks 49er. haha i do have a specific place in mind. I will definitely have to give them a call.

Thanks, man!

FresnoJack
10-18-2013, 01:04 PM
DFG has an Ask A Warden program that I have used several times in the past.

Ask your question there. Be as specific as possible - "the weir about 100 yards from Catfish Junction."

Print out the reply, laminate it, or at least put it in a sealable plastic bag, and keep it with you when you fish.

California Department of Fish and Wildlife (http://AskaWarden@dfg.ca.gov)

Much better than asking for legal advice from a bunch of dumb-ass fishermen.

Grin

Question: I know that you are not supposed to fish within 250 feet of weirs but does that include all weirs? I noticed that the dfg manual says “fish counting weirs.” Are all weirs considered “fish counting weirs?”
And also does this work the same for boat and bank fisherman. Answers are appreciated, Gentlemen.

FresnoJack
10-18-2013, 07:17 PM
Here is the correct email address for Ask a Warden.

AskaWarden@dfg.ca.gov

DFG has an Ask A Warden program that I have used several times in the past.

Ask your question there. Be as specific as possible - "the weir about 100 yards from Catfish Junction."

Print out the reply, laminate it, or at least put it in a sealable plastic bag, and keep it with you when you fish.

California Department of Fish and Wildlife (http://AskaWarden@dfg.ca.gov)

Much better than asking for legal advice from a bunch of dumb-ass fishermen.

Grin

Nor*Cal
10-22-2013, 09:34 AM
Thanks a lot Fresno Jack! I appreciate it!!