PDA

View Full Version : visiting SF

mac7273
10-06-2005, 06:39 PM
Hello,
I will be in SF this weekend during for fleetweek and I would like to go on the hunt for some stripers. I am in the navy and my ship will be pulling into or by the navy peir. Does anyone know if there are any good areas to fish close by? Thanks

recs1 JBF
10-06-2005, 08:31 PM
You might wanna try fishing off of pier 30, it's right on the Embarcadero. Try soaking live bullheads, shiners or some cut bait. The tides will be high in the morning and also in the evening so you'll have both tides to work. Good Luck!!

kromebrite
10-07-2005, 07:37 AM
and thank you for your service!

Castalot
10-07-2005, 08:13 AM
Stripers might be hard to get from shore in S.f.If you can get to fort point which is under the G.Gate bridge you can cast metal or jigs from the rocks into the deep water and fast current under the bridge for stripers.From there you could walk to the municipal pier (1/4 mile) and cast or baitfish for Halibut,perch,stripers or whatever.Along the Embarcadero area piers guys bottom fish for shark,halibut,bat rays with anchovy or squid.No bait shops in that area to my knowledge but any supermarket should have frozen squid.Traffic will be hell along the waterfront this weekend so keep that in mind as well if you go by cab or car.Another posibility is to rent a bike along the embarcadero and cruise to the spots with your gear.Good luck

mac7273
10-07-2005, 07:43 PM
Thanks for the info, I will head out the the GG bridge and see what happens. Also does anyone know if there any 1/2 or full day fishing charters close by that go our for stripers. I am dead set on cathcing them!! I've watched Roland martian catch stripers on TV and it looks like there a load of fun to catch.

Mac

SEEKER
10-07-2005, 07:52 PM
DAYMN...... Im tring to give a charter seat away and cant. It will be chasing stripers and butts tomorrow.
I SALUTE YOU
Rich
SEMPER FI

Castalot
10-08-2005, 07:00 AM
:)Some boats:Bass Tub 415 456 9055,Butchie B 415 457 8388. More in the yellow pages.Ask the folks at those numbers about other boats also as some offer half day trips as well.It gets windy near the gate in the afternoon and can be cold so dress in layers when you go there to fish.Let us know how it turns out.

mac7273
10-08-2005, 01:30 PM
Seeker what time are you heading out tomorrow? Are you going out monday or tuesday? Castalot, I will call those number and see whats up. Thanks for the tips!!! I will let you know how the fish gods treat me.

Mac

SEEKER
10-10-2005, 06:39 PM
Hey Mac, I wont be going out today or tomorrow. The trip I mentioned turned out to be one of the best trips yet. Stripers were on the dink side. ended up chasing butts and white sea bass. I was CLASSIC and one not to forget. Hoping that you found a boat to get out on and get the itch off ya. How long will yuo be in town? I`ll see if I cant get you on a private boat. Wishing you the BEST. TIGHT LINES,
Rich
SEMPER FI