PDA

View Full Version : wsb try at Bonita Cove

judyann
09-25-2005, 10:50 AM
Fished with dad saturday and tried to add a wsb to the boat catch record. Didn't catch a SB but did manage 2 really nice 25 lb butts. Caught the first one on a blue chrome 2 oz jig, other on live chovy both in 40' water. Got to watch Highland lassie battle their double. Tried Muir for butts but no action. Heard very little salmon chatter, so we went back back to the bay for more butts no luck at Angle Island or paradise.

http://momentoffame.com/photopost/data/501/medium/IMGP2148.JPG

http://momentoffame.com/photopost/data/501/medium/IMGP2152.JPG

Intimidator
09-25-2005, 10:55 AM
Nice judyann.

CaptBrandon
09-25-2005, 02:30 PM
Hey did you catch those hali's in bonita cove? We were fishing for hali's when we caught those wsb's. Those are just what i'm looking for....I must know whered ya get the hali's????

Rusty_Hooks
09-25-2005, 02:51 PM
You and your dad should take a step back toward the stern and the "Arima" will be centered ::) ;D ;D

Nice fish.....nice boat....great team!!

Good job ;)

Try going out for halis specifically...you'll end up with your WSB...LOL

in the kelp and close to the rocks...

They grow up in the kelp and rocks to avoid predation...
they'll come out after a bite to eat...but they have to see it.

We aren't the only ones out after them ;D

Bait_N_Wait
09-25-2005, 04:27 PM
Awesome Fish, thanks for posting those pics!

judyann
09-25-2005, 08:47 PM
We caught them in Bonita cove, I hear the WSB like a longer drop to the weight, while short leaders help to catch more butts. I caught one bouncing my jig right off the the bottome, the other one came right after my dad let more line out to get to the bottom.

Good Idea about moving more to Center the Arima. All I know is it would suck to have a bigger boat right now with gas prices.

Team_Sheryl_Lee
09-26-2005, 04:55 PM
nice fish :)

as for the gas prices i have been thinking about mounting a sail :D
bodega is "always" blowing when i am there

TSL