PDA

View Full Version : boots to go over stocking foot waders?

FishnBeer
10-26-2013, 05:54 AM
i have a pair of stocking foot waders that i use for my flat tube. the stocking foot is not good for walking around in so i want some boot foot waders.

are there boots made to fit over the neoprene feet on my waders now, or do i need to buy a new set of boot footed waders?

OYD
10-26-2013, 06:11 AM
Stocking foot waders are made to be worn with wading shoes (boots). However, many float tubers go without the wading shoes since they do not travel very far by foot. There are many brands on the market with either felt or lug soles and can range in price from reasonable to very costly. If you are not going to use them fishing rocky streams and climbing around lots of rocks, look for a pair that have canvas tops-they are very reasonable and easy to put on. I have both canvas and leather types and for ease, prefer the cheap canvas shoes.

Line Stretcher
10-26-2013, 07:07 AM
i have a pair of stocking foot waders that i use for my flat tube. the stocking foot is not good for walking around in so i want some boot foot waders.

are there boots made to fit over the neoprene feet on my waders now, or do i need to buy a new set of boot footed waders?

Wading boots are what they are designed for as was already said. Do not buy felt, they are soon to be banned because they trap mussels in them. A pair of flip flops with the single crossover the top type strap work really well at saving the booties. Make sure you get something that is one size larger than you would normally wear. You can tie them off to your float tube and they'll be there when it's time to get out of the water.

hooks
10-26-2013, 08:12 AM
If felt soled wading shoes are banned "they" will be missing out on another fee to charge sportsmen. Simply banding them together after an initial ISI(invasive species inspection) would prevent them from being used in other waters. If the band is removed, a decontamination and inspection with appropriate fees paid will be required. You may even be required to wear a patch on your vest to show that you have paid your additional fee for ISRR(invasive species research and removal). LOL

Status of Felt Restrictions in the USA (http://www.stopans.org/Felt_Bans.htm)

:trout::trout::trout::trout::trout:

joez3
10-26-2013, 03:04 PM
I have a set of korkers, I don't have a float tube, will a set of fins go over a set of boots?

hitide
10-29-2013, 11:26 AM
I personally make sure I have high top shoes on over my waders. I stepped on a slippery rock on the Provo and my ankle was ruined for the rest of the day. Get high tops and lace em up! It might just save your day.

SHM
10-29-2013, 12:26 PM
Get boots that support your ankle, you will often slip and slide on green algae that is on the surface of rocks. They have studs that you can screw in, into felt or my preference of vibram sole. Simms makes an awesome boot. Went through three pairs of shoes so far in 2 seasons, even the quality ones wear out, just the nature of them I guess.

SHM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

nvthis
10-29-2013, 12:40 PM
Dude, I get cheap hiking boots from Walmart/Kmart and they work great. Buy them 2 (TWO) sizes too big. I would much rather pay a few bucks for simple boots then pay for "specialty" boots that accomplish the same thing..

IronClad
10-29-2013, 12:50 PM
Can your cheapo hiking boots do this ? Steelhead University - Simms: What Studs (http://www.steelheaduniversity.com/Simms_Rivershed_Wading_Boots.html) Can they do the same thing as a good set of wading boots with cleats ? My slips over the past few years with hiking boots say no..

nvthis
10-29-2013, 12:57 PM
Can your cheapo hiking boots do this ? Steelhead University - Simms: What Studs (http://www.steelheaduniversity.com/Simms_Rivershed_Wading_Boots.html) Can they do the same thing as a good set of wading boots with cleats ? My slips over the past few years with hiking boots say no.. Why would you need those in a float tube???????

SHM
10-29-2013, 01:02 PM
Can your cheapo hiking boots do this ? Steelhead University - Simms: What Studs (http://www.steelheaduniversity.com/Simms_Rivershed_Wading_Boots.html) Can they do the same thing as a good set of wading boots with cleats ? My slips over the past few years with hiking boots say no..

Yeah that's the killer combo. Make sure the boots are light. The heavy ones will restrict your movement. I do lots of walking when I fish, no fish in one spot I move on. But any pair of shoes should be fine IMO, if you have the $ get simms.

SHM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Jimmy_M
10-29-2013, 04:33 PM
I just retired a pair of cheap Hodgeman boots, lasted over 10 yrs! Now I have a cheap pair of Cabela's felt soled boots with cleats. Them seem like great boots and didn't break the bank.

If all you are doing is using them for a float tubing just put on some old boots/shoes.