PDA

View Full Version : Bodega roll call and reports

starcraft69
11-02-2013, 08:57 AM
Well its opening day for another year of crabbing yeee haaaw. I will be arriving in bodega monday morning for the week. Who is all fishing here this year and how are you or did you do? I will update through the week as we fish. It looks like it might get shut out tomorrow with winds but ok today. and the rest of the week. Good luck to all and see you out there.

The gear is ready to go

white_cap
11-02-2013, 05:03 PM
Seon and I are going to wait until Wednesday , or Thursday to go out. The wind is really blowing out there the next few days.
The reports from HMB are not to hot.

Seon
11-02-2013, 08:45 PM
Seon and I are going to wait until Wednesday , or Thursday to go out. The wind is really blowing out there the next few days.

:iagree: We'll be out when the wind dies down.

Skipjacker707
11-04-2013, 07:39 AM
Looks like Tuesday and Wednesday are the days to go this week! Thursday it looks like the winds start to ramp back up a little, not too bad though. Good luck and limit out! Everyone I know who went on Saturday had stuffed pots!

bassman408
11-04-2013, 04:17 PM

Are you speaking of the wind reports or crab reports from HMB not being too hot? I was out there Saturday and almost everyone I knew had limits of crab. Lots of jumbos and commies. Go get em fellas...when the wind dies down of course!

Seon
11-05-2013, 03:11 PM
We're more concern about the wind and tomorrow is the day to head out.

starcraft69
11-08-2013, 07:10 AM
WOW what a week of crabbing. This was the best opener ever in 5 years for us. We got there monday at 12:00 and wow it was windy set up camp and took off out to the bay pretty rough but was able to get all the gear set ( 5 pots ). Tuesday morning was beautiful no wind and sunny. Headed out with big dreams and did our dreams come true. Out of 5 pots 43 keepers and we pulled 20 jumbo crabs 7" plus. We threw the rest overboard and reset. Over the next three days weather was perfect, we ate crab every day and took turns pulling pots, left with 5 limits yes 50 crabs all jumbos. I lost count of how many we dumped overboard that were keepers. Good luck to all and be safe.

white_cap
11-08-2013, 07:25 AM
[QUOTE=starcraft69;969044 and left with 5 limits yes 50 crabs all jumbos. I lost count of how many we dumped overboard that were keepers. Good luck to all and be safe.
[/QUOTE]
So you had a total of 5 fisherpersons out there ?

starcraft69
11-08-2013, 07:40 AM
Yep other friends and family we took turns who went out and pulled traps. I was captain and shuttled them out for good times
I reworded it to reflect more fisherpersons maybe it was unclear we had a group of us. I dont cheat I play by Gods rules.