PDA

View Full Version : Pheasant hunting

dcshoein
11-13-2013, 11:24 PM
I'm looking for a pheasant club I've heard about hastings island and Comanche but I don't want to buy a membership or a buy a few birds and this is your field kinda deal. Any suggestions? I live in Placerville would like to find a place close. Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

DRF
11-14-2013, 08:56 AM
Try knights landing sportsmen club, if it's still around.

Good luck.

monkey916
11-14-2013, 09:30 AM
I'm looking for a pheasant club I've heard about hastings island and Comanche but I don't want to buy a membership or a buy a few birds and this is your field kinda deal. Any suggestions? I live in Placerville would like to find a place close. Thanks

all you will find is(this is your field or bird club cards now)...pheasant season started so the smaller clubs such as knights landing...hunt where you want 7 days a week long as it has a sign on it...meridian pheasant assoc. they take memberships up to opening day...also hunt where you want long as it has there sign on it...these clubs are a hunt the general pheasant season clubs for a fee...they plant birds also...

D Fish
11-29-2013, 11:41 PM

There is also a club called Yankey Slough off of Hwy65 just out of Lincoln Ca.. My advice would be to try and get written permission on private property if possible.. Some of those planted birds can be a joke to hunt! especially for the money your spending, my lab has caught planted birds right on the ground because they wouldn't jump! they would run, stop, or do something unusual.. There def. not smart like a wild rooster; I guess now a days it depends what club you go to.. Good Luck out there..