PDA

View Full Version : swimbaits, scampis, hoochies, oh my!

jon_may
08-30-2005, 07:52 AM
hey all,
all these reports on lings, rockies, butts', ect have caused something of a problem for me... i just put in an order for jigs, swimbaits,scampis,ect.... my second order in 2 weeks... here is my problem- i have only been fishing in the ocean 1 time! i obviousley had a good time, and caught fish, but have no plans to go ocean fishing again. (in the forseeable future)
do i have a problem? my wife seems to think so... my only advantage is getting home before her to retreive my packages before she gets home!

MY NAME IS JON AND I'M A FISHOHOLIC.

LingSlayer
08-30-2005, 08:54 AM
Hello, my name is Darren and I have a fishing problem :-[

I keep buying more and more gear. I just can't walk past the fishing section without picking something up. Even though all three of my tackle boxes are full, I still need more. I have a whole dresser drawer full of different kinds of line. My desktop looks like a tackle shop.

I saw my life getting out of control so I came here for help.
Thanx,
LS
P.S. Jon, if you dont plan on using all those jigs and swimbaits I could use a few more ;)

Rock_Hopper
08-30-2005, 08:54 AM
It's all good. Now you just have one more excuse to get out and fish the salt.

"I have all these cool artificials. I HAVE to go try 'em out, right?"

blue_chrush
08-30-2005, 07:09 PM
hello, burp..
my name is smilin steve and I have a fish & tackle problem too.. ::)
you don't have a problem till you get to like 10 tackle
boxes and there all full...
fishing lures were ment to catch us not fish....lol ;) :-/
and guys who fish alot are like women who like shoes...

I bet my wife has a shoe for every lure I own... :o

now theres a problem......lol ;D

marnilr
08-30-2005, 08:07 PM
I bet my wife has a shoe for every lure I own... :o

now theres a problem......lol ;D

I may need more help than any of you... I have more fishing tackle then shoes... and I am a wife that enables her husband to have the addiction simply so I can feed my own obsessions... now what is wrong with that picture?

Jan_from_Humboldt
08-30-2005, 08:26 PM
Ya'll can hide all that extra gear at my place. ;D

Waterworks
08-30-2005, 08:43 PM
Hi Jon,

now what you might use is a digital camera to show to her pictures of all your catch and release. Even pictures of birds and otters might calm her. If I get up early and get back early, my wife will tolerate me. But going late and coming home late makes her like jekel and hide.

Bait_N_Wait
08-30-2005, 09:40 PM
My name is Nick and I'm a fishaholic.

I own 8 kwikfish, because I figured the first one might wear out. Um, they're made of steel. They don't wear out.

I own a set of "Stim-e-Lures" that I bought at 2 a.m. on Saturday night from an infomercial. On the commercial the guy caught fish after fish. After viewing the commercial during the waking hours I realized he was fishing in a one acre stocked bass pond. oh well.

In 2005 I have fished 60 hours cumulatively for sturgeon - without a bite.

Against explicit directions from my boss, I once snuck a telescoping rod onto a business "retreat" so I could fish for wild river trout (caught five and it was awesome!).

In Cabo, I once stayed out until 3 a.m. engaging in various acts of revelry before boarding a "super panga" at 5 a.m. and spending the next 7 hours puking WHILE BEING SKUNKED.

Yep I've got problems. If fishing is a problem, however, I'm OK with being a FISHAHOLIC!!!