PDA

View Full Version : Vallejo sharks

ampm
11-22-2013, 07:51 AM
Late report----Took the girls out on the Predator w/ Capt Mike on 11/3, started out real windy so we went down by the mothball fleet but had little action there, a couple of smallish stripers and a flounder, then went back up to the bridge area around Crockett, out by the rock wall, and had a couple hours of non-stop shark fishing. No real big ones, but a load of fun for the girls. A couple of dog fish and sand sharks mixed in w/ the leopards, a couple of rays and a big skate. I think squid was the best choice that day but got hits on shad too.

GrizzMan
11-22-2013, 10:08 AM
Thanks for the report ampm. I ended up launching out of Berkeley and dropped some pots out off of Bonita Point. Then headed over to TI for some good leopards. The tide was ripping through there so we had a tough time holdong onto the bottom.

Returned to my pots to find them empty with the bait trap doors open and zip ties broken. Ended up doing a quick 30 minute soak for one limit. Ill be headed back out this weekend and might head over to the Crockett area. Thanks for your suggestion! Do you know what depth you were fishing?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

ampm
11-22-2013, 11:53 AM
Thanks for the report ampm. I ended up launching out of Berkeley and dropped some pots out off of Bonita Point. Then headed over to TI for some good leopards. The tide was ripping through there so we had a tough time holdong onto the bottom.

Returned to my pots to find them empty with the bait trap doors open and zip ties broken. Ended up doing a quick 30 minute soak for one limit. Ill be headed back out this weekend and might head over to the Crockett area. Thanks for your suggestion! Do you know what depth you were fishing?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Grizz, u got some nice fish there! I think we were pretty shallow most of the day, like 20ft or less, probabbly more like 12-15 ft(?), the out tide was best but it was really strong too. I think we used 6-8 oz to keep on the bottom, which is a lot more than I usually use over there. I've never gone over as far as TI, we usually stay up in San Pablo bay. I swear that area between the mouth of the Napa river to the bridge and up to the rock wall is as far as you need to go for sharks. That is if you are launching at Vallejo.

GNappers
11-22-2013, 05:39 PM
A day with your daughters and your fishing. Kirby that is awesome. Man I wish my shark spot wasn't closed. Them leopard sharks can be fun. Sucks about the pot raiders, I wish people would have more class. I guess the idea is to drop them in an area you can fish for rock cod. Or just drop them late before sunset and pick them up at first light.