PDA

View Full Version : HMB Report

r47smiley
11-25-2013, 08:36 PM
Ventured out of HMB of the small craft advisory past on Saturday. Head west of the reef and dropped two pots in 90 feet of water. Let the pots soak for a few hours while we found some lings, vermillion, blues and a cabazon on some rock piles.

Pulled the pots, first......empty, second......2 red rock crab. Put the pots in closer amongst the masses, 2 hour soak, produced two undersized dungenous. Great water, great fish though we definitely didn't have the good crab fortune others have been experiencing.

doneli
11-25-2013, 09:25 PM
A+ on the effort .....that is fishing. keep trying and you will get them...

JB14
11-25-2013, 10:31 PM
You're not alone. The crab population seems to be dwindling very quickly this year. I'm hoping for a few more limits by turkey day!

kris k
11-26-2013, 09:49 AM
From everything I've heard and my single experience crabbing down that way, you want to target 130-160 ft water on the outside of the scattered rocky areas. About 3 miles out if you look on google earth, there is a wide patch of flat sandy bottom stretching parallel with the coast. This area produced great for us last week. We were at 145 ft 3 miles south west of the ritz

hope things haven't been decimated completely since then....

good luck out there!

r47smiley
11-30-2013, 06:06 AM
Thanks for the pointers. Hope to make it out again soon.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Rob