PDA

View Full Version : pheasant so far..

Hof
11-26-2013, 07:21 PM
It has been great. Thought I would share some pics. These are all planted birds but not spun dizzy. They run and fly well which makes it fun. They put some birds in various places each weekend and we have been getting into them pretty good. Daughter is not interested in shooting but she loves to go. Best part of the year so far was A hunter on a check beside me on an afternoon hunt. He said the birds must be running because his dog got very birdy but just could not get anything up. This was an afternoon hunt and there were no planted birds that day. I asked him if he didn't mind giving my dog a shot at it. I told him to shoot if we find a bird. There was a bird in there that was running out of the check and into the field and then back to the check and good old angus had that sucker up in no time. Boy was I proud of my dog!!! Anyway, here are some pics. Have no idea why they post sideways from my iPad. Sorry.
Hof

LURKER916
11-26-2013, 07:26 PM
Nice birds!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

outdoordude
11-27-2013, 06:35 AM
Way to go hof, nice pics. The gf and I are heading to chico /willows area for the holiday weekend, hope to have similar luck.

Waterdog
11-28-2013, 08:43 AM
Very nice. Great looking lab. Nothing better than hunting pheasants over a good lab. Looks like a private club like RHC or WU. Where are you hunting them?

Hof
11-28-2013, 10:40 AM
Good eyes waterdog, the club is RHC. Great for pheasants but still not really impressed with the duck hunting opportunities. for the price though it is hard to beat. The way I look at it you get tons of pheasants which alone pays for the cost of the club. The ducks and geese you do get into are a bonus.

Hof

Waterdog
11-28-2013, 12:20 PM
I have hunted the whole Colusa, Williams area on and off for 25 years. I belonged to RHC in the 80's then left for various other clubs. This year I dropped my membership in WU and another rice blind cause I have just been to busy to hunt enough to make it worth the several thousand $$$ each year. This year I will be just hunting the bay from my boat. Next year I will be retired and plan on giving RHC another try. I have heard good things about it from when I belonged and it was a good old boys club. I think most of the rice area is suffering because we have had no weather conducive to duck hunting. I also think a lot of the Northerns have not arrived yet. My experience both rice country and the bay don't hunt great until end of December through January.
Do you have a water blind? And or a field blind? I plan to get a water blind and set up a field blind. If my hunting partner doesn't join with me I will be looking for a partner to share a 2 person blind.
i really enjoy pheasant hunting that general area. You need a good dog and have to work for the birds but it great fun and provides fabulous hunting memories. My most memorable pheasant hunt was just off hi way 20 a half mile - 3 roosters and a goose on the last day of pheasant season back in the early 90'ms

DRF
11-28-2013, 03:06 PM
Happy to see kids involved in hunting..
Great job!!!