PDA

View Full Version : GG Report 8-21-05 (Pic Included)

MoMoney
08-22-2005, 05:54 AM
Well yesterday we were hoping to go to the farallones but after beating into the wind waves about 5 miles out I called it quits.It was gonna take to long to get there at the pace we were able to go.I headed up towards duxbury and fished all the way back towards home.We ended up with an assortment of rockfish,a crab and then as we got closer to the gate around tennesse cove my buddy mike was jiggin a swim bait with a medium light pole and a spinning reel and wow you should of seen that pole bend.After about 15 or 20 minutes we boated a 28 pound Halibut!!I saw one other halibut caught about 1/2 hour later there.After a couple more hours around 12;30 we headed in the bay to see if we couldnt boat a few nice sharks.I had another friend onboard who never did the salt water stuff except maybe once as a kid.We anchored up and I went with a whole herring butterflied while the other 2 went with sardine pieces.They couldnt drink a beer or eat a sandwich as the sand sharks were thick there but they never touched my bait.30 minutes later *I hooked a 48 inch leapord and then a 42 minutes later.Then the newbee switched to herring and Got nailed by a 52 incher and then a 38.Well we only shark fished for 90 minutes as we were tired out and had our fill.I will post a pic later

usarfang
08-22-2005, 10:26 AM
YEAHHHHHHH you guys caught halibuts!!!!!

beldenbill
08-22-2005, 03:38 PM
I boated a 39 in butt and a 4 ft leapard shark Sun along with a few rock fish at angel island drifting live anchovies. No luck trolling for salmon.

usarfang
08-22-2005, 08:13 PM
Yo Older_Fisherman, I was out with Sam on a Sunday two weeks ago and we trolled for some salmons out side of Golden Gate Bridge with anchovies and one of us, Fish Killer, was trolling with watermelon flasher and watermelon apex, he happend to have a bite, but the salmon fall off the hook before we were able to net it....

Hey Sam, I am looking forward to check out them pictures =D

MoMoney
08-22-2005, 09:17 PM
Here is the pic of the butt and 2 sharks.We didnt take pics of the rockies as they were all of average size.http://momentoffame.com/photopost/data/504/medium/100_2031.JPG

zerbert
08-23-2005, 11:37 AM
nice

MB_Kevin
08-23-2005, 07:31 PM
That halibut looks great. good job ;)

The_Reel_Won
08-23-2005, 09:48 PM
Nice butt :)

Intimidator
08-24-2005, 05:32 AM
Nice fish.
Momoney i noticed that rack on your North river.
I'm looking to put one on my boat.
Did it come with the boat or did you buy it after market?
Thanks in advance.

MoMoney
08-24-2005, 03:47 PM
It was custom made from a company in roseville called wakeair.I did purchase it with the boat.I cant remember what it cost but around 2500 I think.There is a sniffer named trailin it I think that works there.