PDA

View Full Version : Rockfish report for Crescent City area?

FishnRN
08-09-2005, 10:29 AM
Some friends and I are making the journey from Ripon/Brentwood area up to Crescent City for rockfish next weekend. Its a long drive but the Tally Ho II, the crew, and especially the fishing make it worth it!
I was hoping somebody might have been up there with a report? any info would be appreciated, thanks in advance,
-FishnRN, (Ben)

flobob
08-09-2005, 03:17 PM
not sure but I would bet itis good, we fished cape mendo two weeks ago and couldn't keep the rock fish off our lines and took three nice lings.

good luck

beenfishin
08-10-2005, 11:47 AM
The fish are definatley there, it's just a matter of the ocean co-operating. I fished out of Trinidad over the weekend on my kayak, and found my pair of legal lings and plenty of blacks to fill my limit. The wind picked up big time around 2:00, but most all the boats were in by that time with limits as well. The fishing only gets better the farther north you go, so it should make for a great trip. Keep us posted on how you do.
Tight lines,
beenfishin

fishguts
08-10-2005, 10:59 PM
Hey Ben
Sorry can't go on this one with ya but I will be at Ice House that week. If things get out of whack, come on up and jump on the boat. The whole family will be there.
Joe

dempsey
08-13-2005, 04:32 PM
Hi FISHnRN, I don't know about CC, but I also fished out of TRINADAD BAY this week. I went out on the six pac boat from the pier Tuesday PM, there were only three of us and the captain on the boat there were fish around but they were biting very lightly. We were using light spinning tackle and missed alot of bits but we all ended up with limits of rock fish,one of the other guys and myself both got our 2 lings "mine both 28in" and the other guy "a 29 and 33in." I also got a nice Quillback,and a Canary. the third fellow got his rock fish limit with a nice vermillion included. the last hour out and after the tide turned and started in you could'nt keep the fish off you line, they would take it before it hit the bottom and would chase it to the top and come out of the water after it if you were reeling fast.
Wendsday I rented a skiff at the pier and went out on my own, without the aid of electronics it was tough to locate where the fish were holding but I did manage to land a 26in ling and 2 Blacks and I missed about 3 other bites.
I left Trinadad Thursday to come home and since I was'nt in any hurry I took a side trip over to Shelter Cove since I had never been there. I fished that afternoon from the shore and caught 4 Kelp Greenling.
It was a good trip ande I THINK i'm going back this week.

Rusty_Hooks
08-13-2005, 05:50 PM
Great report Dempsey...

I've got a project coming up in Eureka and I'm looking forward to fishing out of Trinidad myself...

Is Bob's still there?...down the ramp...

I THINK I'de be going back too!! ;D ;D

AllFishNoWork
08-14-2005, 11:17 PM
I rented a skiff at the pier and went out on my own

Dempsey, do have any contact info on skiff rental up there, web link or phone number?

fishguts
08-19-2005, 04:15 PM
Hey fishrn, wheres your report? Got your voice message but was already out of range to call back.
Joe P.

fishguts
08-23-2005, 05:42 PM
Spoke with fishnrn and told me they had limits all days with big lings. biggest on the boat was 27 pounds and some big blacks.