PDA

View Full Version : Lake Chabot Slow

Eric123
12-01-2013, 03:04 PM
Buddy and I rented an electric boat and started trolling 4 rods at different depths first thing in the morning. We fished from 7:30 to 1pm with only one 2 pound trout on a fire tiger rapala on the surface by the dam at 9am. I was pretty disappointed especially after reading of all the stellar reports.

sja
12-01-2013, 04:46 PM
I feel your pain. What's funny is same thing happened last year..... always seemed to be "great" reports when the fishing actually was horrible! Kinda makes you wonder..... ??

Troutoholic
12-01-2013, 10:42 PM
Buddy and I rented an electric boat and started trolling 4 rods at different depths first thing in the morning. We fished from 7:30 to 1pm with only one 2 pound trout on a fire tiger rapala on the surface by the dam at 9am. I was pretty disappointed especially after reading of all the stellar reports.

Better then skunkin out, yeah I remember seeing that last year hmm....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

mryosemite
12-02-2013, 08:33 AM
Where were you seeing all the reports that Chabot was good? I haven't noticed anything here on FS. Maybe you were looking at the NorCal website or whatever it's called? If so, those reports seem to be recycled week to week, I won't even check them anymore. I've had good luck calling the café there at the boat docs, they've always been honest with me in the past and they've told me when the water was too muddy, when people aren't catching fish, whether its the bankers or the boaters that are catching fish, etc. I never go without calling them a day or two in advance and I usually call twice so that I can see if I get the same report from two diff people.

sja
12-02-2013, 02:30 PM
Where were you seeing all the reports that Chabot was good? I haven't noticed anything here on FS. Maybe you were looking at the NorCal website or whatever it's called? If so, those reports seem to be recycled week to week, I won't even check them anymore. I've had good luck calling the café there at the boat docs, they've always been honest with me in the past and they've told me when the water was too muddy, when people aren't catching fish, whether its the bankers or the boaters that are catching fish, etc. I never go without calling them a day or two in advance and I usually call twice so that I can see if I get the same report from two diff people.

NorCal Fishing News and Angler's Edge (EBRP) have glorified Chabot over the past month or so. Is it to hard to write an "honest" report?

mryosemite
12-02-2013, 04:26 PM
NorCal Fishing News and Angler's Edge (EBRP) have glorified Chabot over the past month or so. Is it to hard to write an "honest" report?

That explains it. Probably a 16 year old high school student taking beginner web classes and he/she reposts the same reports from the year before.

For the past couple of years, those reports have read more like marketing emails than honest reports. They always make the fishing sound generally good so people will come out and rent boats and buy bait, pay for parking, daily permits, snacks, etc.

Just call them.