PDA

View Full Version : Pajaro stripers

bigduke
08-16-2005, 08:08 PM
Has anybody been successful lately fishing for stripers off the beach near Pajaro Dunes? I fished this morning and saw some pelicans hitting the water but no strikes at all. The water was really brown... maybe the fish couldn't see my hair raiser?

wading2fish
08-17-2005, 07:28 AM
bigduke,
welcome to the boards. I have not fished that far down south this year. But I would suggest, especially if the water is murky, if birds are diving you try casting some topwater wood like pencil poppers or Polaris Poppers. Good luck.

w2f

ken_fishnfool
08-17-2005, 09:42 AM
The birds are diving on smelt. The water is a little cleaner up by New Brighton and there are a few stripers coming in up there.
Also I haven't heard of any yet but it is about time for the monster females to show at Moss Landing.
;)

Double_D
08-17-2005, 06:37 PM
if they do show up would someone PM me please, I would like to try for some Striper's down that way. ;)

bigduke
08-18-2005, 08:14 PM
Thanks for the advice fellas. Do those big females at Moss come in to spawn? How do you usually fish for them?

put_em_back
08-22-2005, 05:30 PM
A few years back, my buddy hammered the stripers along the New Brighton to Moss area in August. The hottest month was what he told me and the hotter the better for bringing the fish close. Not sure the heat had anything to do with it, but August was good. He moved away since and keeps asking if I'd made it there yet so I'll have to try it out.

They were using big topwater plugs such as Gibbs and a giant Muskie lure made by Poes. The Poe's wasn't wired through so he lost a couple of big fish, but his best day was 7 fish over 20 lbs.

Now I just have to make the time and go down there.