PDA

View Full Version : Lake Camanche 11/30/13

Nick145
12-02-2013, 02:06 PM
First off id like to say im finally walking again. Horay! So expect more reports soon. Mainly from chabot and camanche before the pardee opener and chabot and pardee after the opener.

Second im sorry for the late report.

We (my dad and i) hooked up the boat, got McDonalds for breakfast (sorry stumach), and hit the freeway all by 6:15am. We launched the boat at 8:30 and gunned it to the bridge on the river. We put our lines in the river around 9. I ran this awesome little pink minnow (see 1st picture) and my dad ran a 1/4oz chrome kastmaster on one rod and a home made lure on the other rod [(debating on wether to post a pic or not)(was prototyping a lure for my lure company im trying to start.)]. He got his first in a little cove/bay after the bridge. It was on the aforementioned kastmaster. The fish hit on a 4' 9" fenwick eagle graphite and a little quantom reel. He had let most of his line out for a 200' set back so by the time i had cleared the rods he had less than 25' of the 300' on his reel. So seeing it was a big fish i took the engine out of nutral and chased his cunky a** down. We landed him after a good 10 minute fight. (Biggest fish in 2nd picture) We made another pass through the same spot for no fish, so we trolled back towards the mouth of the river.

A few hours later my dad hooked up again on his 1/8oz red and gold kastmaster that he switched out on his 4' 9" rod.another nice fish but considerable thinner than his first.

37 minutes after his last fish he hooks up again. This one resulted in a LDR

20 minutes later i snagged our lines on a shallow rock ledge. While reeling up the lines i hooked up with a 3# largemouth that took 17 minutes to land and release.

About 10 minutes after the lines were reset i hooked up with a trout that stripped the line off of my little 500 saharra and snapped the 5lb test pline fluro clear ive watched land an 11lb mack a few years back at hellhole. So im guessing it was over 7lbs possible up to 12lbs would have been my pb trout if it was.

We reset the lines and before we could make it to the other side of the cove my dad hooked up with a decent fish on my homemade lures. We lost it at the boat. The rod holder caught the net when i tred to for lack of a better word net him. He spit the hook 5 seconds later.

My dad landed 1 more fish before we called it a day. It was caught on the homemade lure and was the smallest fish of the day.

My bass was the largest fish and the only fish caught that wasnt a trout.

Im typing this report waiting for another bite at chabot. I currently have 2 fish. A report will follow.

Tight Lines,
Nick145

Waterdog
12-02-2013, 02:36 PM
Nice report, hope to take the boat to Camanche this Saturday. Hope I have a day as good as yours.
Interesting that you are fishing Chabot, I am 65 and use to fish it when I was in high school and college. Caught a lot of trout, crappie and large mouth out of there.

Nick145
12-02-2013, 07:20 PM
Nice report, hope to take the boat to Camanche this Saturday. Hope I have a day as good as yours.
Interesting that you are fishing Chabot, I am 65 and use to fish it when I was in high school and college. Caught a lot of trout, crappie and large mouth out of there.

I hope you do well too.

As for fishing chabot I've been fishing there for as long as I can remember. I live within walking distance of the fire escape gate.

Nick145
12-03-2013, 12:41 PM
For some ungodly reason I can't upload photos from my tablet anymore. I leave the country tomorrow so I'll try to get them up when I get back on the 15th. I might have my dad post them if he still has his fishsniffer account. So the chabot report won't be up for a bit if ever. Long story short i got 4 hookups landed 2 1 ldr and 1 sdr.