PDA

View Full Version : Halibut, salmon cod Big Sur

meatboat
08-21-2005, 03:15 PM
Headed south to Big Sur with wind and all. Got as close to lighthouse as possible to hid from the wind. First fish was a 13 lb salmon. Good thing I use barbless hooks. Second FIsh was a 44" 33 lb halibut. After that the wind was really moving us now. I kept the boat as still as possible and finished cod limits for the day. Long bouncy rid home but a worth while trip

To much work to put a photo on this site, put one in coastside club and full speed fishing sites.

ZACK
08-21-2005, 09:47 PM
Hey great report. I am not daubting you but I would really like to see the pic if you have one of the 33lb Halibut. I know there are many out there this size and bigger I just rarely get to see one other than all the pic's you see in the sniffer and else where of those who claim their fish to be 30lbs! lol

It is amazing to me how they all arrive at that figure. Not 29, or 31 but they all seem to weigh exactly 30lbs. I use a grain scale to weigh my fish that is legal for trade and the largest fish caught on my boat to date are two 27lbers. My personal best to date is 24lbs. All fish were caught on 8 to 10lb test.

Here is a pic of me with my best Hali

ZACK http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/4544/24lbhalibut1qz.jpg

ZACK
08-22-2005, 12:41 PM
pic