PDA

View Full Version : trout derby

fishingfrieda
12-04-2013, 08:26 AM
How many are going to sign up for some tour dates for the NTAC? See Wes's sticky. Told my son last night and he's excited!

FishGuyService
12-04-2013, 01:42 PM
As much as the San Pablo derby was a total flop between weather, misleading information and a sheer lack of any action.....yeah well I will be signing up again. Hopefully this time it will be a fun time for more than three people.

Tyler

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1) 2

alucardbear
12-04-2013, 02:19 PM
I heard sp derby wasnt the most action filled. But spring should be good if we get some water. I went awhile back and the dang thing was like 50% filled. I need to get a kayak and get out there. Seee you guys out there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Jfitalia
12-04-2013, 03:00 PM
I want to but with our baby due in late Feb I doubt I will have the time. Plus the dates aren't the greatest either. I mean Camanche on memorial day!? That place is going to be a zoo. We all know I love amador but a normal weekend is 25+ boats. Now factor in the tourney folks plus the rest of the boats and with this low water could get dangerous. I am really going to try and make these but I'm not sure yet. That amador one is going to be pricey with $10 to park, $8 to fish, $7 for boat, $15 or $20 for derby?

this is a great idea though! I love it myself and I am hoping to make it out there for at least the amador and collins one. SP and DV are way to far for me. I wonder where the TOC will be???

PapaGreg
12-04-2013, 04:40 PM
Wonder if tournament participants will get a break on Amador prices? Am I reading the info correctly, the boat will be awarded after ALL the tourneys, not at each tourney?

dilbeck
12-04-2013, 04:41 PM
I wonder where the TOC will be???

It wasn't mentioned in the write-up but I think in the flyer it says Collins Lake on October 11-12.

dilbeck
12-04-2013, 04:43 PM
Wonder if tournament participants will get a break on Amador prices? Am I reading the info correctly, the boat will be awarded after ALL the tourneys, not at each tourney?

Yeah, Amador will be pricey!

Believe only 1 boat to be awarded to the winner of the Tournament of Champions (T.O.C.) in October. In order to make the T.O.C., you must be in the top 50.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

PapaGreg
12-04-2013, 04:48 PM
Thanks for clearing that-up, wasn't sure if I understood that right.

Damn, as much as Amador would be great to fish, it'll probably be combat fishing at it's best:alien:!

There isn't a lot of places to fish now, and if there isn't a LOT of rain by then it will be worse.

Jfitalia
12-04-2013, 05:13 PM
It wasn't mentioned in the write-up but I think in the flyer it says Collins Lake on October 11-12.

No the flyer stats collins is the last in the circuit. It states a date an Location for the TOC have yet to be determined.

Oh and yes it's not a boat for every tournament. That is just for the tournament of Champions.

BIG FIN
12-04-2013, 05:30 PM
How many are going to sign up for some tour dates for the NTAC? See Wes's sticky. Told my son last night and he's excited!

When is the Amador Tourney ? I hope someone breaks the lake record cause they are in there this year . Tightlines BF

dilbeck
12-04-2013, 06:37 PM
No the flyer stats collins is the last in the circuit. It states a date an Location for the TOC have yet to be determined.

I dunno J, I'm not reading/seeing it that way.

According to the flyer and the write-up, Collins is April 5th.

According to the write-up, the location was still TBD.

However, looking at the flyer, it seems to me as though the final T.O.C. will indeed be in October at Collins.

My guess is that they finalized the flyer after the write-up or the writer didn't have access to the flyer when writing it.

I still could be wrong though. :smiley:

dilbeck
12-04-2013, 06:38 PM
When is the Amador Tourney ?

Amador is March 15.

Fisherman209
12-04-2013, 06:44 PM
This sounds like a blast! I have been looking for some trout tournaments. I agree with Jfitalia...I think Amador will be over crowded as it always is on the weekdays. Camanche will be insane due to the holiday. I think the other three places will be fun though!

Anyone else having issues with the online registration? When I went to the website to register, its showing September 21st and 22nd dates.

CRABBY
12-04-2013, 06:48 PM

However, looking at the flyer, it seems to me as though the final T.O.C. will indeed be in October at Collins.

My guess is that they finalized the flyer after the write-up or the writer didn't have access to the flyer when writing it.

I still could be wrong though. :smiley:You appear to be correct!!Good job dilbeck....

http://www.fishsniffer.com/images/sized/images/uploads/blogger/Trout_Anglers_Challenge_322601-00-350x452.jpg

redneckpunk
12-04-2013, 06:49 PM
I want to but with our baby due in late Feb I doubt I will have the time. Plus the dates aren't the greatest either. I mean Camanche on memorial day!? That place is going to be a zoo. We all know I love amador but a normal weekend is 25+ boats. Now factor in the tourney folks plus the rest of the boats and with this low water could get dangerous. I am really going to try and make these but I'm not sure yet. That amador one is going to be pricey with $10 to park, $8 to fish, $7 for boat, $15 or $20 for derby?

this is a great idea though! I love it myself and I am hoping to make it out there for at least the amador and collins one. SP and DV are way to far for me. I wonder where the TOC will be???

I still could be wrong though. :smiley:

No worries J, ChrissyP can fish them all while you stay home changing diapers. Besides, she has the better chance of winning anyway. LOL! Also, I believe I mispoke on the MOD board about Comanche being Memorial day weekend. After looking at calendar, I believe its the weekend after as Mem day falls early this year.

And the flyer does say the TOC will be at Collins in October, so I guess they determined it after the write-up was written.

~RNP

Jfitalia
12-04-2013, 07:13 PM
You appear to be correct!!Good job dilbeck....

http://www.fishsniffer.com/images/sized/images/uploads/blogger/Trout_Anglers_Challenge_322601-00-350x452.jpg

I never saw the damn flyer. I only had a link for the report. Sweet I like collins.

CRABBY
12-04-2013, 07:24 PM
I never saw the damn flyer. I only had a link for the report. Sweet I like collins.LOL,this is what you see when you click on the link Wes provided,it goes on the the next page!!

The NorCal Trout Anglers Challenge (NTAC) created quite a stir in the Norcal trout fishing scene this fall when a lucky trout angler fishing the NTAC event at San Pablo Reservoir took home an awesome Klamath Boat complete with motor. Now they’ve made an even bigger splash with the announcement of a unique and expanded trout fishing tournament tour for 2014!
Before we get into dates and locations, I should speak a bit about the NorCal Trout Anglers Challenge for the folks out there that haven’t heard about it.
The NTAC is what I’d call the “every man’s” or “every families” trout fishing event. Sure each event offers up a bunch of cash prizes, gear and other goodies, but the entry fees are low. If you pre register adults only pay $15 to participate and kids under 15 are free. If you wait until game day to register, it will still only cost an adult $20 and a junior angler $5.
As if those prizes weren’t exciting enough, the NTAC season will end with a Tournament of Champions shootout where the overall winner will take home a fully rigged Klamath Boat complete with motor and trailer!
The top 25 youth finishers and the top 50 adult finishers from each of the 5 regular season tournaments will be invited to participate in the end of season TOC for a shot at the boat and a bunch of other cash and prizes!
The folks at the NTAC recognize the financial challenges that many anglers face these days, especially those raising families, so they’ve worked hard to keep entry fees low enough such that anglers on a budget can still enjoy the thrill of competition.
Along these same lines the dates and destinations for all NTAC tournaments were given special consideration to insure that the time of the year and venue set the stage for a level playing field for both boaters and bank anglers.
In other words the tournaments are held at certain destinations at certain times of the year when bank bound dough slingers and float tube trollers have just as much chance of winning the tournament as a guy equipped with a 25 foot aluminum sled decked out with downriggers and the latest electronics.
If you love trout fishing and love competition, come on out and enjoy one or more NTAC events in 2014. It won’t break the bank, you’ll have lots of fun and you might just take home a cool prize or a cool wad of cash!
Here are those dates: The tour kicks off on February 15 at San Pablo Dam Reservoir. Then it’s on to Lake Amador on March 15, Collins Lake on April 5, Lake Del Valle on May 10 and the regular season wraps up on May 31 at Lake Camanche. As of press time the date and destination for the Tournament of Champions was unavailable.
For more information or to register for any of the events go to Anglers Press Communicating the Business of Angling (http://www.anglerspress.com) or call (916) 768-0938.

AnglingWes
12-04-2013, 07:38 PM
Anyone else having issues with the online registration? When I went to the website to register, its showing September 21st and 22nd dates.

The Angler's Press Site has not yet updated the registration form for this event. It still shows the Bay Area Event from last September. I will let you all know as soon as the new Registration form is available. You can always call Angler's Press at (916) 768-0938.

Fisherman209
12-04-2013, 07:44 PM
The Angler's Press Site has not yet updated the registration form for this event. It still shows the Bay Area Event from last September. I will let you all know as soon as the new Registration form is available. You can always call Angler's Press at (916) 768-0938.

That's kind of what I figured was happening. I appreciate you confirming that and I'm looking forward to registering.

dilbeck
12-05-2013, 03:34 PM
So it appears that it will be single largest fish, by weight, to determine winners. Interesting format.

Jfitalia
12-05-2013, 03:52 PM
So it appears that it will be single largest fish, by weight, to determine winners. Interesting format.

This was the method used last year as well. I feel it should be the total weight of a 5 fish limit! :dancingorange:

dilbeck
12-05-2013, 04:04 PM
This was the method used last year as well. I feel it should be the total weight of a 5 fish limit! :dancingorange:

I agree as there is more skill involved in compiling a 5 fish limit. Anybody can luck into one nice fish. Heck, for that matter, should somebody land an absolute pig at Amador, that fish alone could carry them to the final 50 if it's overall weight from the 5 tournaments that gets one to the T.O.C.

Oh well, no more complaining from me because clearly I haven't taken the time to set up a trout fishing circuit.

XPL051v3
12-05-2013, 04:49 PM
So tell me if I understand correctly. If a guy catches the biggest fish each lake, he wins it all? Maybe I misread it or I've drank one too many lol

-Xzi

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jfitalia
12-05-2013, 05:27 PM
So tell me if I understand correctly. If a guy catches the biggest fish each lake, he wins it all? Maybe I misread it or I've drank one too many lol

-Xzi

:hypnodisk:You've drank too much. The top 50 will compete in a TOC at Collins for the boat. The biggest fish at each tournament will win that particular tournament. The same will go for the TOC

Jfitalia
12-05-2013, 05:29 PM
I agree as there is more skill involved in compiling a 5 fish limit. Anybody can luck into one nice fish. Heck, for that matter, should somebody land an absolute pig at Amador, that fish alone could carry them to the final 50 if it's overall weight from the 5 tournaments that gets one to the T.O.C.

Oh well, no more complaining from me because clearly I haven't taken the time to set up a trout fishing circuit.

haha i'll just catch and keep my first 4 and then C&R until I get a monster! :D

XPL051v3
12-05-2013, 05:31 PM
:hypnodisk:You've drank too much. The top 50 will compete in a TOC at Collins for the boat. The biggest fish at each tournament will win that particular tournament. The same will go for the TOC

Ahh got it. I'm in for a few lakes depending on my new work schedule. Katfish, you put in for time off yet?!

-Xzi

AnglingWes
12-05-2013, 05:44 PM
The boat is won via raffle. Raffle tickets are awarded at each event.

49erbassman
12-05-2013, 07:26 PM

In that case I may have to try and make one or two of these lol

Fish on!

dilbeck
12-05-2013, 09:21 PM

While the above quote mirrors what the flyer states, it seems contradictory to what was written in the write-up.

As if those prizes weren’t exciting enough, the NTAC season will end with a Tournament of Champions shootout where the overall winner will take home a fully rigged Klamath Boat complete with motor and trailer!
The top 25 youth finishers and the top 50 adult finishers from each of the 5 regular season tournaments will be invited to participate in the end of season TOC for a shot at the boat and a bunch of other cash and prizes!

redneckpunk
12-05-2013, 09:27 PM

I think we need more clarification on this. Whats the use of a TOC if there is a raffle? Are tickets only given to the top "so many" finishers at each event? Or does everyone participating get a ticket? The way Im reading this, if I catch the biggest and most fish at every event, I may not win the boat. what gives?

~RNP

CAL.NDN
12-05-2013, 09:29 PM
Yea that's not cool if its just a raffle. Thought the best angler won the boat.

AnglingWes
12-05-2013, 09:32 PM
I will put a call into Angler's Press tomorrow to try to get some clarification on all of your very valid questions.

redneckpunk
12-05-2013, 09:35 PM
I will put a call into Angler's Press tomorrow to try to get some clarification on all of your very valid questions.

Thanks Wes. We've marked the calendar and will do our best to make every event.

~RNP

Jfitalia
12-05-2013, 10:30 PM
I think we need more clarification on this. Whats the use of a TOC if there is a raffle? Are tickets only given to the top "so many" finishers at each event? Or does everyone participating get a ticket? The way Im reading this, if I catch the biggest and most fish at every event, I may not win the boat. what gives?

~RNP

The way I understood it was that it would be on a point system. So depending on how you place in the tournaments will dictate how many points you get. However I do agree that the point of having a TOC seems mute if it's a raffle that wins the boat.

Kyle_Murphy
12-06-2013, 01:13 PM
Does anyone know what the last bullet under DERBY PRIZES means?

AnglingWes
12-06-2013, 01:46 PM
Here's all I've got right this second:

The details will be available soon on the Angler's Press website. At this point, I think the dates and locations are solid, but don't have any further answers. I'm positive that all of the details will be drawn out very soon and all of your questions will be answered.

sportygirl
12-06-2013, 05:58 PM
Here's all I've got right this second:

The details will be available soon on the Angler's Press website. At this point, I think the dates and locations are solid, but don't have any further answers. I'm positive that all of the details will be drawn out very soon and all of your questions will be answered.

Either way!! We are there!!!! I haven't caught a fish in months time to get serious!!! Lol

monkey916
12-06-2013, 06:38 PM
Either way!! We are there!!!! I haven't caught a fish in months time to get serious!!! Lol you already got the prize catch... his name is RNP...:friends028hh:

sportygirl
12-06-2013, 06:42 PM
A nice big boat??? :p

Fisherman209
12-09-2013, 10:46 AM
It looks like the registration page was updated and registration is open for the 2014 tournaments.

dilbeck
12-09-2013, 04:03 PM
It looks like the registration page was updated and registration is open for the 2014 tournaments.

While it is evident that they have updated their webpage, the questions that many have asked don't appear to have been answered.

AnglingWes
12-09-2013, 04:16 PM
I have a meeting in the morning and hope to get some clarification.

redneckpunk
12-09-2013, 04:37 PM
Just made our reservations for the April date at Collins. Will be up there friday night to get "ghetto River" setup for an early morning whistle and staying until Sunday. For those of you not familiar with the lake it is an excellent time of year to get out camping with the family. Lots of available sites, even waterfront depending on lake level, with great hospitality and good fishing to enjoy.

~RNP

AnglingWes
12-10-2013, 05:18 PM
Here's the Official Rules for the Derby:

http://www.anglerspress.com/flyers/2014NCTACDerbyRules.pdf

All of your questions are answered here. Thanks for being patience with us while this was being finalized.

Reel Fun
12-10-2013, 05:43 PM
Anglers Press retains the right to substitute the boat, motor, and trailer for pre-owned items of equal or
lesser value.

AnglingWes
12-10-2013, 05:44 PM
Anglers Press retains the right to substitute the boat, motor, and trailer for pre-owned items of equal or
lesser value.

I don't see that happening.

Jfitalia
12-10-2013, 07:05 PM
I don't see that happening.

I can't imagine they would either. However the fact that they included that makes one wonder.

Reel Fun
12-10-2013, 08:48 PM
Equal or greater value would be nice........Equal or lesser value "pre-owned" (AKA USED) is not nice? Sounds like a fun event though! RF

FishGuyService
12-11-2013, 12:20 AM
This is starting to sound a little "fishy"

After being lied to by one of their event people at the SP derby about the # of stocked fish......

.....I have reservations

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1) 2

AnglingWes
12-11-2013, 06:36 AM
There is nothing fishy about it. Its a trout derby across multiple venues. Go catch some trout and have a good time.

LURKER916
12-11-2013, 07:40 AM
The fact that they would give anything of any kind of value away for catching fish is nice.

Entitlement crowd moving into this forum also? Say it ain't so!

Jfitalia
12-11-2013, 09:47 AM
I think this is a great event and I am glad the sniffer is a sponsor. I think it'll be great publicity for these local lakes. I also think it's cool to see amador involved after all these years. For many years they have isolated themselves from DFW and all the media. I am glad to see them make strides in trying and repair their image.

AnglingWes
12-11-2013, 12:24 PM
Hey Guys,

There is obviously some confusion about the format of the TOC and how the prizes are awarded. I encourage any one with questions to contact Angler's Press directly about any questions you may have. You can reach them at 916-768-0938 or thru their site at AnglersPress.com.

I am super stoked about all of the events and am excited to see this format introduced to Trout Anglers in our area.

AnglingWes
12-12-2013, 10:38 AM
Hey Guys,

Angler's Press just posted a thread to answer and address some of your questions and concerns. Check it out here:

http://www.fishsniffer.com/forums/trout-board/110619-some-answers-regarding-norcal-trout-anglers-challenge.html

Thanks

-The Management

fishingfrieda
01-20-2014, 08:55 AM
Bumping thread for a reminder

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

dilbeck
01-20-2014, 09:49 AM
Bumping thread for a reminder

I'll at least be at the first 2 events as I signed up and paid online! Can't wait although I have some research to do on SPD.

sportygirl
01-20-2014, 05:48 PM
I've been tying twice to sign up online??? Can't get paypal app to come up!!! Maybe it's my web browser? I'll keep trying cuz well be at all 5

FPT
01-21-2014, 08:37 PM
Certain browsers can't handle Pay Pal... so if you need to call the AP offices and get signed up over the phone.

Thanks,

Angler's Press

916-768-0938

renorich1945
01-22-2014, 09:42 AM
The way I understood it was that it would be on a point system. So depending on how you place in the tournaments will dictate how many points you get. However I do agree that the point of having a TOC seems mute if it's a raffle that wins the boat.

I believe that the object of the derby is to get more people out and HAVE FUN. There is a good explanation of why they are using a raffle to win the grand prize on their site. I'm bringing my sons, a grandson and my brother with me when I go, not only to compete, but to enjoy their company and have a great time. Of course I would like to win something, but more important to me is that my fishing buddies have a good time. Competition is great, but wouldn't it be also great if you can introduce fishing to a young relative or friend?

fishingfrieda
02-07-2014, 08:03 PM
Bump bump bump
Coming up soon!

sportygirl
02-07-2014, 08:14 PM
I can't wait!!!! Next sat!!! I haven't caught a fish in months!!! But next weekend I hope to!!!!

fishingfrieda
02-14-2014, 06:48 AM
Im so bummed I can't go tomorrow. My husband is sicker than a dog. Good luck to everyone and please post pics for me to drool over.

sportygirl
02-14-2014, 08:51 AM
Im so bummed I can't go tomorrow. My husband is sicker than a dog. Good luck to everyone and please post pics for me to drool over.

OH NO!!!!! My second biggest fish will be for you!!!!!!!!! RNP has been sick all week.... but didn't have a choice to stay home! Take care of your honey!

fishingfrieda
02-14-2014, 09:04 AM
OH NO!!!!! My second biggest fish will be for you!!!!!!!!! RNP has been sick all week.... but didn't have a choice to stay home! Take care of your honey!

Thank you for the 2nd biggest! Im rooting for you girl, kick butt!