PDA

View Full Version : Cherry Lake

Fisherman209
12-06-2013, 03:36 PM
I know this is kind of a late post, but figured I would share. Fished Cherry Lake with a couple buddies a while back. We arrived later than expected and started floating the lake on our tubes around 930AM. Caught one trout after about 1 1/2 hours. After eating lunch, we went back out on the water around noon-1PM. We fished the large point that sticks out near the boat launch. This seemed to be the money spot as we were catching trout left and right. If you saw a trout jump out of the water, chances are you would catch it if you threw your lure near that spot. The trout were actively hitting the lures until about 4-5PM. Two of us were fishing conventional and the other two were fly fishing and we all landed fish. Here are some photos of the trip.

dilbeck
12-06-2013, 05:03 PM
Good stuff there!

I've always wanted to put my kayak on that lake.

Troutoholic
12-06-2013, 05:04 PM
I know this is kind of a late post, but figured I would share. Fished Cherry Lake with a couple buddies a while back. We arrived later than expected and started floating the lake on our tubes around 930AM. Caught one trout after about 1 1/2 hours. After eating lunch, we went back out on the water around noon-1PM. We fished the large point that sticks out near the boat launch. This seemed to be the money spot as we were catching trout left and right. If you saw a trout jump out of the water, chances are you would catch it if you threw your lure near that spot. The trout were actively hitting the lures until about 4-5PM. Two of us were fishing conventional and the other two were fly fishing and we all landed fish. Here are some photos of the trip.

Looked like a nice day to float! Good goin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Fisherman209
12-06-2013, 05:23 PM
One more picture

clb101
12-07-2013, 05:48 PM
F 209; So are they letting people in the area or was that pre-burn? From the one pic it looks like it was before the burn. Just wondering becouse its one of my fav. spots to go to early spring. clb

Fisherman209
12-08-2013, 03:51 PM
Clb: this was definitely pre-burn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)