PDA

View Full Version : Lingcod recipe's

superchicken
08-10-2005, 06:32 PM
What are your recipe's for cooking lings and rocks, I deep fry mine in corn oil with a ritz cracker and cornflake batter..

basil
08-10-2005, 08:24 PM
One way I like rock fish or ling is to lightly oil a pan, then throw in a bit of onion and soften it. Then toss in some red or green pepper, perhaps some diced zucchini. Cook a few minutes then toss in fish diced about 1 inch pieces. Cook a couple of minutes till the fish is done. Then throw in a bunch of cilantro and take the pan off the heat. Stir in cilantro.

Now use it for a soft taco filling with some jack cheese and salsa.

blue_chrush
08-10-2005, 09:52 PM
hold on to your socks......
2/3qt sauce pan.
2= 2 liters of 7=up in a pan and bring to a boil
start with 1 or 1.5liters as needed and add more as needed
add cod of your choice in small bite size pieces/cubes
then while the 7-up is boiling throw in about 10/12 pcs
and when they float to the top there done/remove
leave room for them to float and keep adding more
amd then sever with melted butter to dip in....
I'm calling this one......hobos lobster ;D

AllFishNoWork
08-11-2005, 08:59 AM
here is a simple one

325 degree oven
butter bottom of glass dish
bake for awhile
add more butter to dish and butter right on top fish
cover liberally with lemon/pepper seasoning
bake awhile longer
little more butter right on fish, little more seasoning
finish under broiler

my wife made an excellent cajun fry, but you'd have to ask her

LingSlayer
08-11-2005, 09:10 AM
This one keeps friends coming over for 'taco night' at my house. I catch/cook/clean. they bring beer. It works out pretty good ;D

It's really simple, there is no exact recipe, so just go for it!

Cut the ling up into taco size pieces and deep fry in beer batter. Shred some fresh cabbage and add mayo and some vinigar, get that good and cold. Warm up some soft taco shells, make it how you like it, and begin to grub!

I prefer mine with a shot of Tapatio hot sauce and an ice cold beer.

Now I am hungry.

Enjoy,
LS

TahoeJeff
08-11-2005, 09:21 AM
I prefer the simplest of all: SASHIMI!
thin sliced w/wasabi & soy sauce

Striperman
08-11-2005, 10:41 AM
This is percect. Went out and caught limits of lings and black yesterday! Im going to have to give these a try.

Striperman

Jan_from_Humboldt
08-11-2005, 05:04 PM
This recipe is good with Salmon, and outstanding with halibut or ling….Start off with 3x3x1in fillet pieces {thinner stuff may not work as well}.. a bit of olive oil in a large skillet and 2 to 3 cloves of garlic well smashed (garlic is to your taste, more or less is ok) heat oil and get garlic in for flavor. Use medium heat!

Place the fish in the skillet and pour in some champagne or white wine to almost cover ¾ of the fish, add a bit of finely chopped dill and a little salt and poach for a bit. (Here is where you may want to add other spices but not a lot so as to overpower the dish)

This poaching is for flavor, not to completely cook the fish when the fish is ¼ to 1/3 poached (this means you can still see raw edges) remove it from the skillet and gently coat with a mixture of sourdough breadcrumbs parmesan cheese and place in a baking dish.

If you over cook the fish it’s real hard to handle and coat. (This is sometimes where the cook's dinner plans can change lol) Anyway sprinkle a little more parmesan cheese and drizzle some sweet butter on each piece and toss into the oven at about 300.

Pour yourself a glass of the remaining champagne and toss a handful of the breadcrumbs and cheese into the skillet in the remaining sauce and render this down to a thick sauce to put over the fish, taste as you go and adjust for salt. You may not need much…the fish should be done about the time the tips of the bread crumbs are getting brown, don’t over cook as it dries out quick…err on the side of a little underdone to be safe.

Green salad, and presto! Dinner is served. I have no idea what this is called but who cares, it’s good to eat and it’s low cal. lol

Rusty_Hooks
08-11-2005, 05:29 PM
Jan the man....right on...

white zin works wonders as well....ooooooo I can taste it now ;)

Baked, broiled, panfried, barbequed in a fish rack or poached...you just can't beat it ;)

I've been known to say the same thing about salmon ::)

Supperman
08-11-2005, 05:52 PM
Pan sautee' some diced veggies...zuchinni, mushrooms, tomatoes, red onion..until they begin to soften.
Then, use a baking pan, or a 'pan' made from aluminum foil. season the fish and place them in the pan...then put the fish on the grill and cover with the veggies...then pour over a bottle of good Italian dressing...let simmer until the fish is done...damn it's good!

Fish On!

GXC6
08-12-2005, 07:29 AM
TahoeJeff,
I hope you're checking for worms!
PismoG

GXC6
08-12-2005, 07:38 AM
Haven't tried this one yet for ling, but check out my recipe for "Pan Seared Halibut w/Sundried Tomato & Pesto Sauce" in the "features" section under "Cookin your catch". You can substitute any white fish for the halibut. It rocks!! And the presentation looks like you're a flipp'n Chef!
PismoG

Rusty_Hooks
08-15-2005, 08:31 AM
Printed that up Gary...thanks alot....way too irresistable!!

creamed halibut with pesto and sundried tomatoes....oooooooo 8)

Team_Sheryl_Lee
08-16-2005, 06:40 PM
i use fresh salsa

start some minute rice in a pan
get out a decent size skillet with lid
have your fish as boneless as possible in 3"x3" filets
bigger smaller its all good
a touch of olive oil then in goes the fish
about 1 cup of home made fresh salsa (the salsa can be as hot as your family likes, we like very mild and enjoy the flavor rather than the heat) to 3 pieces of fish
a little extra gilroy garlic applied directly to the fish
now pour the salsa on and around the fish
place lid on skillet
can be cooked over high heat if you stir it a little trying to keep the fish in whole pieces
place some rice in a single type serving bowl
hollow out the center of rice and place fish in middle
spoon on salsa and juice to flavor rice
a little sqeeze of lemon or lime and even a little soy sauce
its up to your taste
quick simple easy
can be done over a campfire or a boat stove

TSL

i didnt get fat from drinking to much beer

Master_Caster
08-16-2005, 10:45 PM
I've yet to catch a ling, but if they taste anything close to rockfish, then steamed is the way to go. Steam it up and garnish with julienned(sp) green onions, thin slivers of fragrant ginger, hot oil, and a splash of shoyu sauce. Mmmmmmm.

AllFishNoWork
08-18-2005, 07:26 AM
I gotta give the Hobos Lobster a try :D