PDA

View Full Version : Amador 12/8/13

WhopperStopper
12-09-2013, 08:30 AM
Slow day at Amador. I only counted 7 other fishermem besides myself. There were only two boats on the water. I saw about 6 fish landed. I took my girlfriend's brother out and was able to put him on his first fish ever in his life. He is a skateboarder and said it felt like when he stuck his first trick which i bet felt pretty good. Only the one fish he caught between him and me but it was worth it just to get him on his first fish ever. Caught it on chartruese/spring green PB.

WhopperStopper
12-09-2013, 10:43 AM
Its was pretty friggin comical when he caught the fish too. He had one rod set up on a balance while hewas tring to learn how to cast better with his second rod. While he was trying to figure out how to cast better using a Kastmaster, the rod in the balancer started to pull down. It was a suicide hit by the trout and had the rod all the way pulled down on the balance. He freaked out and threw the rod in his and down and picked up the other rod and I tried to tell him to set the hook, but he didn't do it well and then just tried to swing the rod all the way around. He then was facing uphill with his back turned to the water, had the rod upside down and was trying to reel it in backwards. Since we were casting short, he had it to the bank before I was able to grab then net and was hollering at me to not loose it. Then after I had put it on the stringer we were just sitting and the fish begin to thrash and struggle a bit on the stringer and he was like oh no! Its getting away lol. He tries running down the bank towards the fish and falls on his a$$ because it was muddy and slippery as heck. He gets up all muddy and makes it to the fish and then realizes that it was on the stringer. I told him its on the rope and not going anywhere, but when he saw it tring to swim he thought his first fish ever was going to get away lol. For sure gonna be good memories forever haha.

CAL.NDN
12-09-2013, 11:19 AM
Sounds like some good laughs there for sure. Way to get him hooked. Sounds like he be a good partner and will brave out the best elements to fish in.

WhopperStopper
12-09-2013, 12:56 PM
Yea he was willing and get up super early at around 5:00 am and brave the freezing tempratures. He said after catching that one he feels that he will be able to catch more. Now he's had a little taste of success and I think he'll be hungry for more.

ncreys
12-09-2013, 06:38 PM
Its was pretty friggin comical when he caught the fish too. He had one rod set up on a balance while hewas tring to learn how to cast better with his second rod. While he was trying to figure out how to cast better using a Kastmaster, the rod in the balancer started to pull down. It was a suicide hit by the trout and had the rod all the way pulled down on the balance. He freaked out and threw the rod in his and down and picked up the other rod and I tried to tell him to set the hook, but he didn't do it well and then just tried to swing the rod all the way around. He then was facing uphill with his back turned to the water, had the rod upside down and was trying to reel it in backwards. Since we were casting short, he had it to the bank before I was able to grab then net and was hollering at me to not loose it. Then after I had put it on the stringer we were just sitting and the fish begin to thrash and struggle a bit on the stringer and he was like oh no! Its getting away lol. He tries running down the bank towards the fish and falls on his a$$ because it was muddy and slippery as heck. He gets up all muddy and makes it to the fish and then realizes that it was on the stringer. I told him its on the rope and not going anywhere, but when he saw it tring to swim he thought his first fish ever was going to get away lol. For sure gonna be good memories forever haha.

Hahahahaha.......that is a great fishing story right there, and the great thing about that story is it's only going to get better as it's told more throughout the years to come. Great job.

Benzo
12-09-2013, 06:41 PM
Pretty funny report, hope he gets hooked! Glad y'all don't get skunked!

CAL916BEAR
12-10-2013, 09:59 AM
Lmao great story! Way to turn him out

FireTiger
12-10-2013, 03:14 PM
water level still low?

WhopperStopper
12-10-2013, 06:05 PM
The water level was super low. It was the lowest i have ever seen it. I forgot to snap a picture before I left otherwise I would post it and yall could see for yourself how low it was.

Rusty916
12-10-2013, 06:29 PM
I was fishing near the RV park today and also fell in the mud! Got skunked
But enjoyed being out!

PapaGreg
12-11-2013, 08:00 AM
Amador gets VERY slippery when it's muddy, probably due to the clay in the soil.