PDA

View Full Version : Amador in the in a.m

D Fish
12-09-2013, 11:59 PM
:Gone_fishing:Hitting Amador early tomorrow morning, will report back tomorrow.. I was skunked the last few times, if I get skunked again I am over Amador until we get a lot more rain...

buckman78
12-10-2013, 06:45 AM
Good luck! Hope you break the skunk cycle.

WhopperStopper
12-10-2013, 07:59 AM
Yup good luck. I hope to be reading a positive report from you soon.

cmcclain
12-10-2013, 10:45 AM
:Gone_fishing:Hitting Amador early tomorrow morning, will report back tomorrow.. I was skunked the last few times, if I get skunked again I am over Amador until we get a lot more rain...

I know the feeling... it sucks. Hope you did well this morning!

fishingfrieda
12-10-2013, 01:00 PM
Hoping you are catching fish. Waiting for an excellent report!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

D Fish
12-10-2013, 09:10 PM

Well guys here it is... Slow day at Amador arrived around 7:00a.m. fished about half way between the dam and the spillway for ONE trout about 2lbs.. Caught it on a sliding sinker rig with rainbow PB right along shore, the fish bit immediately right after the cast.. Nothing else after that, decided to head home around 12:00 p.m. only seen one boat and a handful of people while we were there also.. The lady at the café asked us if we wanted to join the 3 month trout derby for a $7 entry fee so we said what the heck why not and joined.. She said there planting trout with tags for the derby, so if your in the derby and catch a tagged fish take it up to the café to get reported.. 7 people caught tagged fish these last few days that either didn't know about the derby or just didn't want to enter; unfortunately my wasn't tagged! oh well I was just glad to end the skunk streak.. On our way home we decided to stop have a brew and eat at DON LUIS Mexican Restaurant in IONE (that someone mentioned in another thread).. Food was pretty good! the SERVICE sucked.. I had to ask when I can make an order, same with the folks next to us.. Oh well I WAS HUNGARY and Food was GOOD!!

PapaGreg
12-11-2013, 07:58 AM
Hmmmm, the derby fee used to be $5.00, guess it went up? Man, the reports from Amador aren't very encouraging. Hope we get some rain soon, with the cold weather here, the bite should get going.